Wisconsin school apologizes for slavery homework assignment
- .Posted 01/12/2018 09:46 PM - Hide
- MILWAUKEE (AP) — A Wisconsin private school that asked fourth graders to list three good reasons for slavery and three bad ones apologized to parents after the mother of a black student shared the assignment on Facebook, calling it offensive.
In a letter to parents Tuesday, Our Redeemer Lutheran School in Wauwatosa agreed the homework was offensive and said it "showed a lack of sensitivity." It also thanked the student's mother for bringing the issue to their attention.
- [ Reply ]
No comments. Be the first to add a comment below.
- More News:
- View Article - Eric Clapton Apologizes for Racist Past: ‘I Sabotaged Everything’
- View Article - White nationalists praised Trump for "shithole" comment, saying "it’s obviously all about race"
- View Article - Feinstein: Trump trying to promote a 'homogenous, white society'
- View Article - Controversy over Japan blackface comedy
- View Article - Oops! Rachel Dolezal responds to H&M racist ad controversy with her own 'racist' sweatshirt design, which she then changes
- View Article - Mother of H&M Model Says "Get Over It" to Critics (Report)
- View Article - Asians Are Guilty Of 'Colorblind Racism' Argues Professor
- View Article - Kansas Rep. Steve Alford says blacks abuse drugs because of "character makeup"
- View Article - 'White Racism' class at Florida university will be guarded by police officers
- View Article - Kansas lawmaker quits leadership posts after comments about black 'genetics' and marijuana