Feeding Pets Raw Meat Can Be Dangerous for Them — and for You
- .Posted 01/12/2018 04:33 PM - Hide
- Veterinarians are warning people about the potential risks of feeding dogs and cats raw meat–based diets—not just for the pets, but for their human owners, as well. In a new analysis of 35 commercial raw dog and cat foods, researchers found that 86% of products contained potentially dangerous bacteria.
The new study, published in the BMJ’s Vet Record, looked at dog and cat food commercially available in the Netherlands. In an email, the study authors said that raw-meat pet foods for sale in the United States are “without a doubt similar” to those tested in the study.
- [ Reply ]
No comments. Be the first to add a comment below.
- More News:
- View Article - Vets, pet owners alarmed by spread of 'dog flu' in South Bay
- View Article - Investigation as dead koala found screwed to post in Australia
- View Article - Horses Slaughtered For Meat, Ritual Sacrifice
- View Article - Florida wants to remove its herpes-excreting wild monkeys
- View Article - How antidepressants are ending up in Great Lakes fish
- View Article - Panther rips out man’s throat in private Moscow zoo
- View Article - Animal Rights Activists Lost A Lawsuit To Recognize Elephants As People
- View Article - Dog found curled up, 'frozen solid' on man's front porch
- View Article - Dog found ‘frozen solid' on porch in Ohio
- View Article - This photo can predict if you're a cat or dog lover