Speaker Ryan: Trump's Comments 'Unfortunate, Unhelpful'
- .Posted 01/12/2018 04:10 PM - Hide
- House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan said Friday that President Donald Trump's reported comments on African nations and Haiti at Thursday's bipartisan immigration meeting were unfortunate and unhelpful, adding that any immigration reforms will be separate from spending bill negotiations.
"The first thing that came to mind was very unfortunate and unhelpful," Ryan said in an interview on CNN speaking about reports that fellow Republican Trump had referred to them as "sh**hole countries."
- [ Reply ]
- More News:
- View Article - Kentucky is first to get OK for Medicaid work requirement
- View Article - Trump Lawyer Arranged $130,000 Payment for Adult-Film Star’s Silence
- View Article - Trump called intel analyst a ‘pretty Korean lady’ — and asked why she wasn’t negotiating with Kim Jong Un: report
- View Article - U.S. Supreme Court to Review Bid to Collect Internet Sales Tax
- View Article - Clinton Calls Out Trump's 'Ignorant, Racist Views'
- View Article - Oprah beats Trump by double digits in new 2020 poll
- View Article - Former nuclear launch officers call Trump a "clear and present danger"
- View Article - Obama: Presidents need to watch their behavior
- View Article - Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens accused of slapping mistress
- View Article - Trump has gone from dog-whistle bigotry to megaphone prejudice