• Should I enter rehab?

Welcome to the F169 Discussion Forum! Our anonymous forum is a place where users can participate in discussions about any subject. As a user of our discussion forum, you'll enjoy discussing any subject that you are interested in. You can immediately join a discussion about any subject at our anonymous discussion forum. No email needed.
  • Replies:

• Stable Genius
    • Re: Should I enter rehab?
      Posted 01/25/2018 08:48 PM - Hide
    • Gutt Pile posted:
      What is your definition of too much?

Everyday, a lot of beer. Like tonight drinking beer and posting here.
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 01/25/2018 08:54 PM - Hide
    • Blah Blah Blah posted:
      Depends. Are you a look-at-me, look-at-me, attention whore? If so, then rehab is perfect for you. Just think of how badass you'll sound when you tell all your dweeb friends that you just came out of rehab.

No am not like that at all. The few friends I have don't drink, if I go I will make an excuse as to why am gone. Sick relative in New Mexico or some shit like that.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 01/25/2018 08:57 PM - Hide
    • yes, this is a good place to ask personal question of this magnitude.

:dumbass:

If you have to ask, then you fucking need to go.
      Or just become a total lush, whatever, IDGAF.
      Posted 01/25/2018 08:59 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Blah Blah Blah posted:
      Depends. Are you a look-at-me, look-at-me, attention whore? If so, then rehab is perfect for you. Just think of how badass you'll sound when you tell all your dweeb friends that you just came out of rehab.

No am not like that at all. The few friends I have don't drink, if I go I will make an excuse as to why am gone. Sick relative in New Mexico or some shit like that.

If you really wanted to quit, then you would quit.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 01/25/2018 09:01 PM - Hide
    • Gutt Pile posted:
      What is a lot? A man should be able to embibe in a few quality ales or lagers with no health impact. In fact in moderation its good for you. I'd say 1-2 liter a day max depending on consumption time. Are you gong to sleep wasted or enjoying a pleasant buzz?

I go to sleep wasted, that is how I can get to sleep. I purchased a case of beer today, 30 in it. I will drink 10-15 tonight.
      Posted 01/25/2018 09:02 PM - Hide
    • Gutt Pile posted:
      You sound like you just drink alone. Any amount of alone drinking makes you feel like a lush. You are not. Just get a sloppy drunk bitch as a drinking buddy.

Drinking alone is the best kind of drinking. The problem with drinking buddies is they never fucking leave. They expect you to spend the entire night with them.
      Posted 01/25/2018 09:03 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Gutt Pile posted:
      What is a lot? A man should be able to embibe in a few quality ales or lagers with no health impact. In fact in moderation its good for you. I'd say 1-2 liter a day max depending on consumption time. Are you gong to sleep wasted or enjoying a pleasant buzz?

I go to sleep wasted, that is how I can get to sleep. I purchased a case of beer today, 30 in it. I will drink 10-15 tonight.

Smoke weed if all you want is a good nights sleep.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 01/25/2018 09:05 PM - Hide
    • Gutt Pile posted:

You have to get exercise in if you are going to be a daily drinker. You should have a sober day between drinking sessions, but I cannot manage that.

I am into my second month on Naltrexone, still at the same level of consumption, with a few days of going overboard, not something I usually do. I drink four IPAs and I'm usually ready for tha bed, esp topping those beers off with several rips of homey grown. :bonghits:

But apparently my story is typical, it takes six months to a year to finally reset the brain synapses, according to Dr Sinclair's research. If this doesn't work by the end of the year, I will cold turkey it.

Before you steppers get on your high horses, I don't drive after drinking, ever. I drink at home, I drink less that way and save money, too.

I just learned to dislike most aspects of AA, and yeah, I took what I needed, and the program did help me in the early stages of sobriety. But I still think it's a bad place for vulnerable people, the rooms are rife with predators. And since AA refuses to police it's self, it has gotten a deservedly horrible reputation.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 01/25/2018 09:11 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      You have to get exercise in if you are going to be a daily drinker. You should have a sober day between drinking sessions, but I cannot manage that.

I am into my second month on Naltrexone, still at the same level of consumption, with a few days of going overboard, not something I usually do. I drink four IPAs and I'm usually ready for tha bed, esp topping those beers off with several rips of homey grown. :bonghits:

But apparently my story is typical, it takes six months to a year to finally reset the brain synapses, according to Dr Sinclair's research. If this doesn't work by the end of the year, I will cold turkey it.

Before you steppers get on your high horses, I don't drive after drinking, ever. I drink at home, I drink less that way and save money, too.

I just learned to dislike most aspects of AA, and yeah, I took what I needed, and the program did help me in the early stages of sobriety. But I still think it's a bad place for vulnerable people, the rooms are rife with predators. And since AA refuses to police it's self, it has gotten a deservedly horrible reputation.

3 or 4 ipas for the entire night isnt bad. And w exercise there is no imlact on your health.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 01/25/2018 09:12 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      yes, this is a good place to ask personal question of this magnitude.

:dumbass:

If you have to ask, then you fucking need to go.
      Or just become a total lush, whatever, IDGAF.

I have been coming to these redboards for a long time. 90% nonsense, but it is the 10% of posts that is spot on. E.G., if I want the breaking news, I come here and this board delivers better than MSM. You stand correct on the magnitude...just like the rehab I call today. Their website site show smiling people and this and that. That is not the truth and I know it.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 01/25/2018 09:19 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      3 or 4 ipas for the entire night isnt bad. And w exercise there is no imlact on your health.

Can't seem to manage to get the exercise in, either. I'm gonna be 61 this year, I need to knock it off. The daily drinking, that is. The one thing about teh Sinclair Method is you can drink, on occasion, if you choose, for whatever reason. You still get buzzed from the alcohol, but you stop before you get to the shitfaced level, usually.

I'm at the level where I need to start incorporating at least one sober day a week, I'm going to rejoin the gym and go on my non drinking days. New good habits help to reinforce the process, according to research. And the good replacement habits seem to stick. I know, the old " replacing one addition with another" but WGAF? I would much rather be at the gym than sitting on my couch getting fat from alcohol I don't need to be drinking night after night.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 01/25/2018 09:22 PM - Hide
    • Blah Blah Blah posted:
      Drinking alone is the best kind of drinking. The problem with drinking buddies is they never fucking leave. They expect you to spend the entire night with them.

No shit this
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 01/25/2018 09:25 PM - Hide
    • . posted:

Well stated.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 01/25/2018 09:29 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I have been coming to these redboards for a long time. 90% nonsense, but it is the 10% of posts that is spot on. E.G., if I want the breaking news, I come here and this board delivers better than MSM. You stand correct on the magnitude...just like the rehab I call today. Their website site show smiling people and this and that. That is not the truth and I know it.

It's a con to get you into the clutches of the AA/Rehab religion.

https://www.orange-papers.info

http://aorange1.tripod.com

https://www.recoveringfromrecovery.com/anti-aa-sites/

Don't waste your money or get pegged as an alcoholic on your permanent insurance record, ESPECIALLY.

If you can't quit on your own, and don't care to wait to see if TSM might work for you, by all means, go to AA, with the plan of leaving when you are confident you won't drink anymore. And who knows? You might like it and make some friends. Not everyone is an asshole, but it's easy to be scammed by pretenders until you know the ropes.
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

You currently have 0 points left to use for premium emotes/fomotes.
If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Liveleak, Giphy, PostImages.org, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.