Mario Batali is the latest to get his dick in a wringer
- Stable Genius
- Posted 12/11/2017 06:48 PM - Hide
Welcome to the F169 Discussion Forum! Our anonymous forum is a place where users can participate in discussions about any subject. As a user of our discussion forum, you'll enjoy discussing any subject that you are interested in. You can immediately join a discussion about any subject at our anonymous discussion forum. No email needed.
- Discussion Forums:
- Anonymous Discussion Forum
- Stable Genius
- Posted 12/11/2017 06:50 PM - Hide
- The celebrity chef Mario Batali, one of the country's most high-profile restaurateurs, is stepping away from the daily operations of his businesses and the daytime program he co-hosts on ABC, "The Chew," amid reports of alleged sexual misconduct.
Mr. Batali released a statement after a report was published Monday on Eater, the food website, that said four women had alleged that Mr. Batali touched them inappropriately in a pattern of behavior that appeared to span at least two decades. Three of the women worked for Mr. Batali, and the fourth worked in the restaurant industry, Eater reported.
In his statement, Mr. Batali apologized and said that the accusations "match up" with his behavior:
"Although the identities of most of the individuals mentioned in these stories have not been revealed to me, much of the behavior described does, in fact, match up with ways I have acted," he said in the statement. "That behavior was wrong and there are no excuses."
"I have work to do to try to regain the trust of those I have hurt and disappointed," he added. "For this reason, I am going to step away from day-to-day operations of my businesses."
It was not immediately clear how long Mr. Batali planned to stay away from his businesses.
Mr. Batali, 57, made his remarks specifically in response to the Eater report, which included details from interviews with the four women, who were not identified in the report.
Continue reading the main story
Chef John Besh Steps Down Amid Sexual Harassment Scandal OCT. 23, 2017
After Weinstein: 42 Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct and Their Fall From Power NOV. 10, 2017
WHITE HOUSE LETTER
Mario Batali (Yes, in His Orange Crocs) to Prepare Obamas' Last State Dinner OCT. 16, 2016
gsgg 9 minutes ago
I am afraid that the "me too" movement and related press may backlash. Not because I condone this behavior, but because the publicity that...
Don P 10 minutes ago
Mario's sincere and acknowledging apology is appreciated when so many like Trump their patently false denials.
Salvatore Monella 10 minutes ago
Let's consider punishment of some kind.Like locked in a 98 degree kitchen for 48 hours with his partners Mom, Lydia. Might be the perfect...
See All Comments Write a comment
Continue reading the main story
They described behavior that included breast groping and being grabbed from behind. In one instance, a woman said she was compelled to straddle Mr. Batali to get past him as he sat blocking an exit.
Mr. Batali had also recently been reprimanded because of a complaint made in October by an employee at one of the more than 20 restaurants in the Batali & Bastianich Hospitality Group, a company spokesman said on Monday.
The spokesman said that Mr. Batali had been required to undergo sexual harassment training above what is already required of employees. He then volunteered to keep away from the restaurant where the employee worked, and he has done so, said the spokesman, who declined to be identified by name.
The spokesman would not name the restaurant where the woman worked, and it was not immediately clear whether the employee was among the women interviewed in the Eater report.
After the Eater report was released on Monday, Batali & Bastianich Hospitality Group said in a statement that it had taken further measures that extended to all his restaurants.
"Mr. Batali and we have agreed that he will step away from the company's operations, including the restaurants, and he has already done so," it said. It also said that the company had provided employees with access to an outside investigations firm if they want to make claims against corporate officers or owners.
The recent allegations against Mr. Batali led ABC to ask Mr. Batali, who has been on "The Chew" since 2011, to step away "while we review the allegations that have just recently come to our attention," the network said in a statement on Monday.
"ABC takes matters like this very seriously as we are committed to a safe work environment," the statement said. "While we are unaware of any type of inappropriate behavior involving him and anyone affiliated with the show, we will swiftly address any alleged violations of our standards of conduct."
God, he's a fat ginger fuck