• Who is the greatest author of all times?

• Fscking Moron
    • Re: Who is the greatest author of all times?
      Posted 08/13/2017 03:00 AM - Hide
    • Jimmy_Tomorrow posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      William Shakespeare.

Im going with this. The reason i started this thread was because i watched a bio on William Shakespeare. I came away thinking he is the greatest author of all time, living or dead, and its not close. You just cant make a case for anyone that even nears the impact he has had.

Well, he did say it all.

mostly gre.
      he did have two important things: a deep sense of tradegy and he was funny as fuck.
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Fscking Moron
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 08/13/2017 04:36 AM - Hide
    • Jimmy_Tomorrow posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      William Shakespeare.

Im going with this. The reason i started this thread was because i watched a bio on William Shakespeare. I came away thinking he is the greatest author of all time, living or dead, and its not close. You just cant make a case for anyone that even nears the impact he has had.

Well, he did say it all.

That list of all the phrases Shakespeare added to th common vernacular is amazing.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2014/04/45-phrases-coined-shakespeare-450th-birthday
      Posted 08/13/2017 05:36 AM : Edited 08/13/2017 05:39 AM - Hide
    • The message, the prose... any answer other than Nietzsche is probably the wrong answer.

Shakespeare is obviously the greatest English writer but be does not have anything in his oeuvre that can match a Zarathustra or an Ecce Homo.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 08/13/2017 05:43 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Any genre

I was thinking about this a couple days ago; Thucydides.
    • Fscking Moron
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 08/13/2017 01:50 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      William Shakespeare.

Seconded and thirded.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 08/13/2017 07:31 PM - Hide
    • All good choices. Could make a case for several of these!
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 08/13/2017 09:25 PM - Hide
    • Aryan posted:
      Christ, you're fucking ignorant.

Or maybe yuo are??
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.
  • Breaking News:
  • View Topic - The greatest troll of modern times. I defy you to find a better troll in the past 300 years.
  • View Topic - Jim Crow was one of the greatest times in America.
  • View Topic - Atlanta Socialite and Author Targetted for Home Invasion Robbery 3 Times THIS MONTH
  • View Topic - The Babylon Code: Solving the Bible's Greatest End Times Mystery
  • View Topic - Forget Lance Armstrong. forget Eddie Merckx. the greatest biker of all times is Bernard Hinault
  • View Topic - The greatest expansion of gun rights in modern times is due to a Californian homosexual who defended himself in 1982