• Which chain restaurant is the absolute worst..?

• Stable Genius
    • Re: Which chain restaurant is the absolute worst..?
      Posted 07/04/2017 11:10 AM - Hide
    • Registered Dot posted:
      . posted:
      Registered Dot posted:
      Not a restaurant, but Dominos has the shittiest pizza on the planet.

Still? They claim they redid the recipe so it wouldn't suck anymore.

I remember that commercial where the CEO was saying that. If this new and improved recipe was supposed to make their pizza better, I can only imagine how bad it must've been before.

I thought the fact that they thought they had to admit their old pizza was crap was hilarious.

"We don't suck anymore, we promise!"
      \
      :winning:
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 11:18 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      Burger King has flavorings in everything, even the buns.
      You only need flavorings for one reason. To make shit taste good.

Food is supposed to taste good.

That's why we have spices and quality ingredients instead of neurotoxins.

"What do you need natural flavorings for?"
      \
      :schlomo:
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 11:19 AM - Hide
    • Yuo need expert commentary on this question.
      \
      :spanky:
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 11:19 AM - Hide
    • Fat Americans complaining about their easy lifestyle
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 11:20 AM - Hide
    • WHITE CASTLE. not edible.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 11:21 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Be it fast food, sit down, or higher end...

1a golden corral
      1b taco bell

For that lower middle class - middle class tier chain restaurant, found lurking outside nearly every fiberboard/vinyl sided subdivision filled with "homes from the $150s - 225s" I gotta say "Applebees."
      It has the most vague, ill-defined theme of any chain. The marketing message seems to be "If you like food, and you're at least medium hungry, we have several Sysco specials to provide caloric intake. Enjoy."

Yessiree, some of you old time red boarders may recall my depiction of the Applebees Guy. You knoa him, he's the one at the bar, badly thinning dirty blonde hair with 20lbs of cheeseburgers, beer and hfcs spilling over his belt buckle and casting a dark shadow over his Dockers (tm). The Blackberry is clipped smartly to that belt buckle, he's sippin' a Miller Lite, eatin' some wings (mild), and watchin' the Final Four on the big screen. His 1998 Ford Explorer with balding tires and 135K on the odometer sags quietly in the parking lot.

Yesiree, the Applebees Guy is a good American consumer, he buys all the crap TV tells him too, he faithfully shows up at his favorite Suburban watering hole for all the March Madness games, and he always tips a respectable 18% in the hopes that the 24 year old 24 lb overweight waitress (but with nice big tiddies) will someday slip out the parking lot and give him a quick blowjob on the front seat of the Explorer.

But she never will, and Applebees Guy will go home to his 1800 sqft vinyl sided wonder to sit alone in the glow of his own big screen TV until he passes out from the 5th Miller of the evening.

So it goes.
    • wtf
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 11:38 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      Chuck E Cheese

Once upon a time, the Adults would not tolerate that conduct in front of the children.
      :thumbdown:
    • Beaver Stretcher
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 11:50 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      For that lower middle class - middle class tier chain restaurant, found lurking outside nearly every fiberboard/vinyl sided subdivision filled with "homes from the $150s - 225s" I gotta say "Applebees."
      It has the most vague, ill-defined theme of any chain. The marketing message seems to be "If you like food, and you're at least medium hungry, we have several Sysco specials to provide caloric intake. Enjoy."

Yessiree, some of you old time red boarders may recall my depiction of the Applebees Guy. You knoa him, he's the one at the bar, badly thinning dirty blonde hair with 20lbs of cheeseburgers, beer and hfcs spilling over his belt buckle and casting a dark shadow over his Dockers (tm). The Blackberry is clipped smartly to that belt buckle, he's sippin' a Miller Lite, eatin' some wings (mild), and watchin' the Final Four on the big screen. His 1998 Ford Explorer with balding tires and 135K on the odometer sags quietly in the parking lot.

Yesiree, the Applebees Guy is a good American consumer, he buys all the crap TV tells him too, he faithfully shows up at his favorite Suburban watering hole for all the March Madness games, and he always tips a respectable 18% in the hopes that the 24 year old 24 lb overweight waitress (but with nice big tiddies) will someday slip out the parking lot and give him a quick blowjob on the front seat of the Explorer.

But she never will, and Applebees Guy will go home to his 1800 sqft vinyl sided wonder to sit alone in the glow of his own big screen TV until he passes out from the 5th Miller of the evening.

So it goes.

Wow, you could have been a "target audience" market research demographer.
      Got dragged in there once by a friend, who warned me how much that her family loved it, and that it sucked, cause we had to meet them there. Had some mediocre appetizers, half cold and half scalding hot. 2 beers I didn't pay for. Dragged that girl, who had been a waitress and kitchen manager, outta there, when she started asking to see person in charge.
      Ate at Olive Garden once, about 30 years ago. Slightly better experience but overpriced. And no large bosomed Italian waitress with shiny black hair, that wouldn't give me a blowjob in the parking lot. :frown:
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 11:51 AM - Hide
    • . posted:

So it goes.

I wish I was living it so good.
      \
      :anon:
      Posted 07/04/2017 11:51 AM - Hide
    • Friendly's. They still are hocking their ice cream to survive because they know their food is garbage.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 12:02 PM - Hide
    • divine posted:
      Friendly's. They still are hocking their ice cream to survive because they know their food is garbage.

Thought they were Ch 11?
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 12:05 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      Chuck E Cheese

Jesus christ, it's like the Jerry Springer show and Maury got drunk, fucked bareback, and produced an illegitimate child of a TV show.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 12:08 PM - Hide
    • Cracker Barrel is the worst excuse for food ever. I ordered a chicken friend steak and it was more grease and gristle than steak. I wouldn't a prisoner to eat at Cracker Barrel.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 12:10 PM - Hide
    • Registered Dot posted:

It's actually a lot better than it used to be
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 12:13 PM - Hide
    • Olive Garden. Hands down. The only thing "Authentic" about Olive Garden is the time I spend pushing their Sysco quality crap food out of my butt the morning after I eat there.

NEVER AGAIN.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 12:15 PM - Hide
    • Cracker Barrel is gross. Not sure how they even exist in the South including Texas. But I think Cheddars is even worse. If you like bland but overly salted food and want the squirts, head to Cheddars.

I ate at an Applebee's once in Port Arthur, Texas and believe it or not the burger was actually good. Probably had something to do with the Texas beef. Never been to an Applebee's otherwise.

Olive Garden and Chilis has to be the saltiest food on the planet. I'm not sure why their food is even legal. They are simply pushing salt as a drug to addicts.
      Posted 07/04/2017 12:19 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Olive Garden. Hands down. The only thing "Authentic" about Olive Garden is the time I spend pushing their Sysco quality crap food out of my butt the morning after I eat there.

NEVER AGAIN.

Strangely enough, they make a pretty good steak. :shrug: It's my fallback strategy when I get dragged there.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 12:24 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      BURGER KING :fart:

Their onion rings are the worst- No telling what kind of chemicals are in that 'batter'.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 12:32 PM - Hide
    • . posted:

Olive Garden and Chilis has to be the saltiest food on the planet.

Texas Roadhouse did something to their steaks. Saltiest steak Ive ever had.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 12:33 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Cracker Barrel is gross. Not sure how they even exist in the South including Texas. But I think Cheddars is even worse. If you like bland but overly salted food and want the squirts, head to Cheddars.

I ate at an Applebee's once in Port Arthur, Texas and believe it or not the burger was actually good. Probably had something to do with the Texas beef. Never been to an Applebee's otherwise.

Olive Garden and Chilis has to be the saltiest food on the planet. I'm not sure why their food is even legal. They are simply pushing salt as a drug to addicts.

I disagree on your Cracker Barrell assertion. Their chicken fried chicken dinner is some damn fine eating, their sides are always good... free biscuits and gravy. Name another place that brings a free mess of biscuits and a free bucket of gravy to the table. Their desserts are always good too.

If you ain't white, I can understand why it might be intimidating to approach the front door what with all the crackers spread in handmade rocking chairs. I understand they're talking about welcoming colored folks again. Which shows what kind of establishment Cracker Barrel is.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 12:39 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Registered Dot posted:

It's actually a lot better than it used to be

Dominos had to rebrand itself because a bunch of employees got caught on camera putting pizza dough on their genitals then using the same dough to make pizza. Only consistent pizza chain I'm aware of.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 12:41 PM - Hide
    • deployable posted:
      . posted:

So it goes.

Wow, you could have been a "target audience" market research demographer.
      :

It's actually my profession, I have worked for Fortune 25 companies for the last 20 years. Currently making $500K/yr counting salary and bonus. I realize that puts me in the bottom tier of you Red Board billionairez, but I scrape by on it. :rolleyes:

No, I won't reveal which company I currently work for. :lol:

Just like coming here to regale my fellow trev tards with nuggets of insight for free. Believe me, this kind of insight costs big time in the professional world.

Yuo cannot afford.
    • Stable Genius
      Posted 07/04/2017 12:42 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      BURGER KING :fart:

Their onion rings are the worst- No telling what kind of chemicals are in that 'batter'.

Hardees has good beer-battered onion rings.

Burger King uses those crappy frozen Ore-Ida type garbage that you get in the frozen foods section at the grocery store.
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

You currently have 0 points left to use for premium emotes/fomotes.
If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Liveleak, Giphy, PostImages.org, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.
Get involved in a discussion about Restaurants by browing our list of available discussions. Once you find a discussion about Restaurants you can join in without filling out a registration form. It's really that easy to discuss Restaurants on our website!
  • Anonymous Discussion Forums:
    • I have just had the absolute worst burger of my entire life.
      Posted 08/21/2016 03:17 AM
    • I ordered from a different place than normal. I like a little variety.

The burger smelled fantastic, and it had lots of toppings.

But, for some unknown reason, there was no flavor in the burger. Not one bit.

How can they make it smell so good, but taste so fucking terrible?

[ Read more ]
    • lordbelmont
    • What's the next hot Restaurant chain going be?
      Posted 05/16/2016 11:50 PM
    • Chipotle has gone down the drain.

Is Shake shack the next hot chain?

[ Read more ]
    • What would be the absolute corniest restaurant to take a girl to on the first date?
      Posted 07/12/2015 02:42 AM
    • I want to see if she has a good sense of humor.

Sizzler? TGIF? Chili's? Red Lobster? Hungry Hunter?

Has to be the absolute corniest restaurant, like the kind of place all her friends would laugh about her being taken to. I imagine all five of the ones above qualify, but there has to be a king of them all, like the absolute 80s K-Mart of restaurants.

If she can figure out that it's a joke and see the humor in it, then she's a keeper and we'll go somewhere god the next night. If she immediately ditches me as a cheap tasteless douche, then I don't really care and can take pleasure in the fact that it must have been a really uncomfortable experience for her.

[ Read more ]