• You tards are too young to remember when RC was just as big as Pepsi and Coke was.

• Fscking Moron
    • Re: You tards are too young to remember when RC was just as big as Pepsi and Coke was.
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:11 PM - Hide
    • Moxie was better. Man's drink. Fucking pussy faggots drank RC cola.
        [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Re: You tards are too young to remember when RC was just as big as Pepsi and Coke was.
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:12 PM - Hide
    • Still around. See it in plenty of places, buy it regularly at the commissary. It's just that Pepsi and Coke have much more in the way of marketing money.
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:13 PM - Hide
    • They still make it and Mr Pibb.
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:20 PM - Hide
    • Diet Rite was in fact, the #1 diet soda for many years. But the big soda companies colluded with the FDA and declared that the ingredient, cyclamate was bad for you which made them use saccharin. Then of course, saccharin was declared to cause cancer in rats if they rats drank the equal to 10 gallons to a human a day.

That and horrible advertising team doomed it. They dicked with the formula, and starting coming out with flavor variants. You still see it at Walmart and a few other places, but it's long down the list now.

7-up is another company that fucked up and saw it's market share dwindle to almost nothing. Remember their great ads from the 70s?

• Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:25 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      They still make it and Mr Pibb.

You've beatin' me to the Mr. Pibb reference, well pop'd dear dot.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:25 PM - Hide
    • It was NEVER as big as either Coke or Pepsi. not ever even close. At best RC Cola was somewhat competitive in some regional areas. I doubt it was ever as popular as even Dr. pepper or 7up.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:32 PM - Hide
    • RC Cola and a moon pie
      \
      :rockon:
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:33 PM - Hide
    • I haven't drank any pop in over 10 years
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:34 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      It was NEVER as big as either Coke or Pepsi. not ever even close. At best RC Cola was somewhat competitive in some regional areas. I doubt it was ever as popular as even Dr. pepper or 7up.

Pretty close.

RC and Diet Rite were the #3 and #4 best sellers in the USA until the late 70s and they had a big distribution network.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:35 PM - Hide
    • RC COLA & FROSTY ROOTBEER!
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:39 PM - Hide
    • rev patrick posted:
      Diet Rite was in fact, the #1 diet soda for many years. But the big soda companies colluded with the FDA and declared that the ingredient, cyclamate was bad for you which made them use saccharin. Then of course, saccharin was declared to cause cancer in rats if they rats drank the equal to 10 gallons to a human a day.

That and horrible advertising team doomed it. They dicked with the formula, and starting coming out with flavor variants. You still see it at Walmart and a few other places, but it's long down the list now.

7-up is another company that fucked up and saw it's market share dwindle to almost nothing. Remember their great ads from the 70s?

Diet Rite switched to Splenda.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:41 PM - Hide
    • rev patrick posted:
      Diet Rite was in fact, the #1 diet soda for many years. But the big soda companies colluded with the FDA and declared that the ingredient, cyclamate was bad for you which made them use saccharin. Then of course, saccharin was declared to cause cancer in rats if they rats drank the equal to 10 gallons to a human a day.

7-up is another company that fucked up and saw it's market share dwindle to almost nothing. Remember their great ads from the 70s?]

My mother drank Diet Rite exclusively. And I love the old 7 Up commercials.

De UN cola nut, mon
      /
      :colt45:
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:42 PM - Hide
    • Think I saw Fresca a while back.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:45 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Think I saw Fresca a while back.

I love Fresca. The only tolerable diet drink ever crafted.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/20/2017 12:20 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Do they still sell Tab or Mr Pibb?

As I said earlier Pibb is still around.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 05/20/2017 12:22 AM - Hide
    • Rex posted:
      Spoken like someone who was raised in Massachusetts.

Lucky guess.
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.
  • Breaking News:
  • View Topic - You tards are too young to remember when the only kind of Doritos made was taco flavored
  • View Topic - You tards are too young to remember, "Yo, quiero Taco Bell."
  • View Topic - Child Support Tards: How does child support work for very young fathers, e.g. 12-14 ?
  • View Topic - You tards are too young to remember when school busses had boys and girls sides
  • View Topic - Yuo tards are too young to remember paying per minute for your ISDN line and that sweet, sweet 144kbps.
  • View Topic - You children are too young to remember when configuration files were nothing more than a memory dump to disk