• I am a tattoo artist. Ask me anything.

• Fscking Moron
    • Fscking Moron
    • Re: I am a tattoo artist. Ask me anything.
      Posted 01/11/2017 05:09 PM - Hide
    • do you dump your ink wells after every sitting, or keep using it?
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/11/2017 05:11 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      do you dump your ink wells after every sitting, or keep using it?

The client pays for the ink in advance. The pots are single use and are discarded in most cases.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/11/2017 05:12 PM - Hide
    • how do you sleep at night knowing youve defaced gods wonderful creation?
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/11/2017 05:14 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      how do you sleep at night knowing youve defaced gods wonderful creation?

That's never occurred to me.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/11/2017 05:19 PM - Hide
    • Do you need any qualifications or artistic ability
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/11/2017 05:19 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      That's never occurred to me.

the Book says your not to mark your body. got a question though: ever seen what an MRI does to a tattoo?
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/11/2017 05:21 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Do you need any qualifications or artistic ability

Of course you need artistic abilities. I have an MFA. Spent my whole life in art.

In most states (maybe all) you need a license to perform tattoo art.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/11/2017 05:27 PM - Hide
    • Been thinking that it would be a good idea to tattoo unique barcode on everyone, what is your professional opinion?
      Possibilities are endless, you could scan your prostitutes and link to an STD database for instance.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/11/2017 05:28 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Been thinking that it would be a good idea to tattoo unique barcode on everyone, what is your professional opinion?
      Possibilities are endless, you could scan your prostitutes and link to an STD database for instance.

I don't know about the political aspects of your question, but barcodes are a popular design.

Don't get it myself.
      Posted 01/11/2017 05:37 PM : Edited 01/11/2017 05:37 PM - Hide
    • No question, but an idea: Is there a website that does "rate my tattoo," and, by extension, "rate my tattoo artist?"

I'm not wild about tattoos, but I'm not a rabid anti-tattoo guy. What does piss me off is when a decent looking gal fucks herself up with a tat that looks like it was drawn by a third grader.

You could probably make some coin, or at least get publicity, if you did something like a "Rate My Rack" site that shows good/bad tats, and names the people who did them.
      Posted 01/11/2017 05:39 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I don't know about the political aspects of your question, but barcodes are a popular design.

Don't get it myself.

It's an irony thing, I think.

I think people should have their blood type, drug allergies, and pertinent medical info codes tattooed on the bottom of their foot or something.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/11/2017 05:42 PM - Hide
    • BEN_BANNED posted:
      DID YOU LEARN YOUR "TRADE" IN THE PENITENTIARY?

No. I have a BA and MFA from legitimate top-25 schools. I worked in advertising for a while but didn't like it. Never been in jail. Came somewhat close yesterday when some douche harassed me.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/11/2017 05:44 PM - Hide
    • JustLurking posted:
      Here's a question:

Have you ever got a request from a customer that you had to turn down? As in, "Hey, you'll hate that in a year," or "Hey, you'll never get a decent job with that?" or any other reason?

It's a good question, but obvious answer: of course.

I personally won't do facial work for the reasons you cite, plus the sheer irreversibility of it, plus the unpleasantness of working around the eyes. Might do a ta mako for a Maori, but beyond that? No. Also won't do racist stuff. Happy to do a Battle Flag, but other stuff, no.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/11/2017 05:45 PM - Hide
    • JustLurking posted:
      No question, but an idea: Is there a website that does "rate my tattoo," and, by extension, "rate my tattoo artist?"

I'm not wild about tattoos, but I'm not a rabid anti-tattoo guy. What does piss me off is when a decent looking gal fucks herself up with a tat that looks like it was drawn by a third grader.

You could probably make some coin, or at least get publicity, if you did something like a "Rate My Rack" site that shows good/bad tats, and names the people who did them.

I think tattoodo, already posted, has aspects that are pretty close to that, especially on the app.
      Posted 01/11/2017 05:46 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      BEN_BANNED posted:
      DID YOU LEARN YOUR "TRADE" IN THE PENITENTIARY?

No. I have a BA and MFA from legitimate top-25 schools. I worked in advertising for a while but didn't like it. Never been in jail. Came somewhat close yesterday when some douche harassed me.

I SEE.

YOU'RE A MILLENNIAL FAG.

ARE YOU GOING TO CRY "DISCRIMINATION" WHEN THE INEVITABLE BACKLASH AGAINST LOSERS WITH TATTOOS COMES DOWN?
      Posted 01/11/2017 05:47 PM - Hide
    • . posted:

What's the cheapest and most expensive single tattoo you've ever done?

What's the most one client has spent with you over the years?

And, when you see these guys that have two full sleeves and half their chest done, how much did something like that set them back -- assuming it was done by a fairly capable guy.
      Posted 01/11/2017 05:48 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      It's a good question, but obvious answer: of course.

I personally won't do facial work for the reasons you cite, plus the sheer irreversibility of it, plus the unpleasantness of working around the eyes. Might do a ta mako for a Maori, but beyond that? No. Also won't do racist stuff. Happy to do a Battle Flag, but other stuff, no.

Gotcha. I only ask because I see stuff all the time that makes me think, how the fuck did the artist not warn them away from that?
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.
  • Breaking News:
  • View Topic - Tattoo Artist Faces Lawsuit For Tattooing Poop On His Cheating Girlfriend's Back
  • View Topic - When girls ask what I do for a living, I tell them I'm a 'creative'. In reality I am a sandwich artist.