• My secret for easy money betting the ponies with the least possible expenditure

• Re: My secret for easy money betting the ponies with the least possible expenditure
      Posted 04/04/2015 09:19 AM : Edited 04/04/2015 09:20 AM - Hide
    • Shark posted:
      Is $6 the minimum bet, or is that just what you are prepared to risk?

I always only bet the minimum on horses, $1. A $6 wager would be 6 wagers such as with an exacta or trifecta box, which includes each of your selected to finish in the top 2 or top 3.
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Re: My secret for easy money betting the ponies with the least possible expenditure
      Posted 04/04/2015 09:48 AM - Hide
    • BIPFT posted:
      I always only bet the minimum on horses, $1. A $6 wager would be 6 wagers such as with an exacta or trifecta box, which includes each of your selected to finish in the top 2 or top 3.

I never really got into the exacta/trifecta thing, although I know thats where the money is.
      Posted 04/04/2015 10:07 AM - Hide
    • Shark posted:
      I never really got into the exacta/trifecta thing, although I know thats where the money is.

Sure, but they're few and far between. Longshot Shows is steady and less risky.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 04/04/2015 10:18 AM - Hide
    • So Turf Club only handicapped 2 races today? That's lame.

Golden Gate - Race #1
      Pimlico - Race #2
        [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
      Posted 04/04/2015 10:18 AM - Hide
    • Oh, the actual wager list?

My secret for easy money betting the ponies with the least possible expenditure #1

I skipped a lot of Spot Plays today that are often the bread and butter just because I'm a little leery of the weekends because there's more attention on everything and more likelihood for shenanigans.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 04/04/2015 10:32 AM - Hide
    • Why'd you bet Win/Place/Show on that #1 horse at GOL? Why not just put it all on win as they suggested?
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 04/04/2015 08:52 PM - Hide
    • Keeneland, Race 10: 5/8/1

So you hit the $1 trifecta, for $31.

Pimlico, Race 2: 1/3/2

So you hit horse 1 to win/place/show, for $8.20 + $5.00 + $2.60 = $15.80

GoldenGate, Race 1: 2/4/1

You lost.

So you got back $46.80 after betting $81.

Don't quit your day job.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 04/04/2015 08:52 PM - Hide
    • :mittens:
      Posted 04/05/2015 11:08 AM - Hide
    • My secret for easy money betting the ponies with the least possible expenditure #1

Not so hot Saturday but our true lord and only savior Jesus Christ will provide plenty of winners today of all todays. Amen.

Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Golden Gate - Race #2 - Post: 1:12pm - Claiming - 8.5 furlongs on the Turf. Purse: $13,000 Class Rating: 90

Rating: Golden DollarGolden DollarGolden Dollar

#4 IRENES JACKPOT (ML=8/5)

IRENES JACKPOT - Speed figs on the turf point to this mount as a legit contender. Has the best in the field for this dist-surf. Stand by this steed. Coming off the pace, I think she'll be in a fabulous spot to demolish them in the stretch. Have to make this mare a win candidate; she comes off a sharp race on March 19th. This horse has the class to win the race. A tactical ride by Alvarado, and this one could bound home the winner. The last speed rating of 80 is the best last race speed fig in the field.

Vulnerable Contenders: #6 UP THE ALLEY (ML=9/5), #2 INCREDIBLE JOURNEY (ML=7/2),

UP THE ALLEY - Recorded a quite unimpressive speed figure last time out in a $10,000 Claiming race on Mar 19th. Doubtful to see an improved performance off of that number. INCREDIBLE JOURNEY - Last raced on March 19th at Santa Anita, finishing fourth. Not likely to perk up off of that effort in today's event.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
      Have to go with #4 IRENES JACKPOT on the win end if we get at least 1/1 odds

EXACTA WAGERS:
      4 with [5,6]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
      Skip

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
      Skip
      Posted 04/05/2015 11:19 AM - Hide
    • Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Gulfstream - Race #6 - Post: 3:30pm - Claiming - 6.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $15,000 Class Rating: 65

Rating: Golden DollarGolden DollarGolden DollarGolden Dollar

#1 CASALINGA (ML=7/2)
      #3 GONNA TELL PAPA (ML=4/1)

CASALINGA - This rider and conditioner have a profitable ROI when they combine forces. Sub-par performance last time around the track at Gulfstream was due to the off-going (she ran sixth). Will do better in today's race on a fast track. GONNA TELL PAPA - Taking a trip to a lower class level; has the form to make her presence felt. Just check out her last fig, 64. That one fits well in this group.

Vulnerable Contenders: #7 PRINCESSBELLAONCAL (ML=3/1), #4 FAIR SHAKE (ML=5/1), #8 SLAZARRA (ML=8/1),

PRINCESSBELLAONCAL - I cannot play this frequent non-winner. Gets the job executed infrequently. FAIR SHAKE - Today's event is 6 furlongs. Hasn't hit the board in a short distance race in the last couple of months. Not the greatest of signs. SLAZARRA - Recent lessening Equibase speed figures of 72/54/40 give a sign that this horse may be going off form. Not easy to play any horse in a sprint race at 8/1 when she hasn't shown any positive results in sprints in the last two months.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
      Put your money on #1 CASALINGA on the nose if you can get odds of 7/5 or more

EXACTA WAGERS:
      Box [1,3]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
      Pass

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
      None
      Posted 04/05/2015 11:28 AM - Hide
    • Golden Gate Fields (6th) Saint Mamie, 6-1
      (9th) Olympic Jumble, 6-1
      :mammy:

Gulfstream Park (8th) Kitty's Pearl, 7-2

Sunland Park (7th) Shesourkindagal, 5-1
      (10th) Polish Project, 7-2

Santa Anita (1st) Buymeabond, 7-2
      (8th) Qiaona, 6-1
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 04/05/2015 03:17 PM - Hide
    • Turf Club's picks completely shit the bed today.

No winners.
        [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
      Posted 04/06/2015 07:57 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Turf Club's picks completely shit the bed today.

No winners.

The others don't specify the wagers for exactas, trifectas, etc. They just pick 4 horses and leave you to it. The Turf Club guy lays it out. Mike Dempsey for Aquaduct too.
      Posted 04/07/2015 10:01 AM - Hide
    • My secret for easy money betting the ponies with the least possible expenditure #1

Bar

Turf Paradise - Race #3 - Post: 2:19pm - Allowance - 6.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $22,500 Class Rating: 81

Rating: Golden DollarGolden DollarGolden Dollar

#3 SMOKIN PULPIT (ML=5/2)
      #2 SHREWD MOVE (ML=8/5)

SMOKIN PULPIT - Vergara and Diodoro partnered with one another are a horseplayer's friend. SHREWD MOVE - This colt registered a nice speed rating of 89 in his last race. That figure should be high enough to win today. This colt is in nice form, having run a good race on March 14th, finishing third. Look at this pattern of improvement. 48/81/89 are the last three speed figs.

Vulnerable Contenders: #7 THREE SIXTEEN (ML=5/1), #4 MISTER MECATE (ML=6/1), #5 SKY T (ML=8/1),

THREE SIXTEEN - Hard to put your money on this early speedster. Too much zip in the affair. MISTER MECATE - The long vacation will probably mean trouble for this pony. SKY T - This gelding finished out of the top three on Aug 17th and wasn't close to victory last time out either.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
      Put your money on #3 SMOKIN PULPIT on the nose if you can get odds of 2/1 or more

EXACTA WAGERS:
      Box [2,3]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
      None

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
      None
      Posted 04/07/2015 10:09 AM - Hide
    • Mountaineer (1st) Sharp Pick, 7-2
      (9th) Dutchie Baby, 5-1

Turf Paradise (5th) Deep Reflection, 3-1
      (6th) Purple Heaven, 9-2
      and those two for a Daily Double.

My secret for easy money betting the ponies with the least possible expenditure #1
      Posted 04/08/2015 08:26 AM - Hide

The Giants stole my $25 in the 9th to beat the Dodgers but another $50 on them today in the third game will recover that. Now on to the ponies:

Bar

Charles Town - Race #6 - Post: 9:27pm - Claiming - 7.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $13,000 Class Rating: 68

#5 MAGINOT LINE (ML=5/2)
      #3 STERLINGS AMERICA (ML=8/1)

MAGINOT LINE - The last time she tried this distance she got a fig good enough to win this contest. I like when a racer has dropped in class at least 5-points like this one did last time out and then runs against a similar field right back. Grams must've found the right class level. STERLINGS AMERICA - Sprinters that come back to the races quickly are generally good plays. The jockey/trainer tandem of Marrero and Contreras has a strong return on investment together. This filly is rounding her way back into shape. Should compete well today. I just may give this one a shot. Should improve off last race where she did run off the board, but was within 5 lengths at the end.

Vulnerable Contenders: #1A BIRCH CIRCUIT (ML=2/1), #1 DRINK RESPONSIBLY (ML=2/1), #6 LUCKY CANDY (ML=4/1),

BIRCH CIRCUIT - Hasn't raced or had any morning drills since Mar 14th. Not much value on this morning-line favorite. Today's race is 7 furlongs. Hasn't hit the board in a short distance event in the last two months. Not the best of signs. DRINK RESPONSIBLY - Difficult to take this horse at the price after the finish position (eighth) in the last race. Earned a pedestrian speed fig last time out in the Original Gold on April 19th. Improbable to see an improved performance off of that figure. April 19th is the last time we've seen this mare around. Have to be a little bit leery. LUCKY CANDY - I'd like to see more conducive recent efforts with morning line of 4/1. 68/48/24, are the declining Equibase speed figures for this horse.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
      #5 MAGINOT LINE is the play if we get odds of 7/5 or better

EXACTA WAGERS:
      Box [3,5]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
      None

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
      None
      Posted 04/08/2015 08:34 AM - Hide
    • Handicapped by The Turf Club Analysts

Bar

Mountaineer - Race #9 - Post: 9:56pm - Claiming - 6.0 furlongs on the Dirt. Purse: $6,600 Class Rating: 64

#4 KAZACHKA (ML=7/2)
      #3 GLOW GIRL GO (ML=12/1)

KAZACHKA - I really like sprint horses that make a rapid turnaround. This mare is in nice physical condition, having run a strong race on March 29th, finishing second. GLOW GIRL GO - According to well-known handicapping veterans, the stalking-type of race horse is one of the most solid bets in racing.

Vulnerable Contenders: #5 SARAH DOUGLAS (ML=2/1), #2 FRENCH SECRET (ML=3/1), #6 RUNAWAY LAUNCH (ML=9/2),

SARAH DOUGLAS - Hasn't been on the Mountaineer oval in the last two to three weeks. Cause for some concern. FRENCH SECRET - Disappointing speed figure last time around the track at Mahoning Valley Race Cour at 6 furlongs. Don't feel this entrant will improve too much in today's event. RUNAWAY LAUNCH - Will be tough for this horse to beat this field off of that last speed figure. Not probable to improve enough to run a figure anywhere near today's Equibase class figure, so put her on the likely underpriced contenders list.

STRAIGHT WAGERS:
      #4 KAZACHKA is going to be the play if we are getting 3/2 or better

EXACTA WAGERS:
      Box [3,4]

TRIFECTA WAGERS:
      Pass

SUPERFECTA WAGERS:
      None
      Posted 04/08/2015 08:48 AM - Hide
    • At the Gate - Wednesday
      By Mike Dempsey

We are down to just two Derby points races left to be decided, the Arkansas Derby (G2) at Oaklawn Park and the Lexington Stakes (G3) at Keeneland, both on Saturday.

The Arkansas Derby is worth 100-40-20-10 points to the top four finishers while the Lexington offers just 10-4-2-1 points.

As it stands right now Bolo is 20th in the points standings with 30 points, and Prospect Park is the first out, also having 30 points but less graded stakes earnings.

The connections around the bubble will be hoping horses already with more points wins the races this Saturday. American Pharoah figures to be the big favorite in the Arkansas Derby and is safely in the Kentucky Derby field with 60 points, good for ninth place.

The victory by Dortmund last Saturday in the Santa Anita Derby (G1) put some space between him and his stablemate American Pharoah in the early Derby wagering. Dortmund is now the betting favorite at 9-2 while American Pharoah is the co-second choice with Carpe Diem at 11-2.

Carpe Diem made his final Derby prep a winning one by taking the Toyota Blue Grass (G1) at Keeneland on Saturday.

The other Derby prep was won by Frosted, who took the Wood Memorial (G1) at Aqueduct. His odds for the Kentucky Derby have dropped to 18-1.

I will have more on Saturday's points races later this week after entries come out.

Early Kentucky Derby Odds:
      Dortmund 9-2
      American Pharoah 11-2
      Carpe Diem 11-2
      Mubtaahij 8-1
      Materiality 12-1
      Prospect Park 12-1
      Upstart 14-1
      International Star 16-1
      Firing Line 18-1
      Frosted 18-1

Here is today's opening from Aqueduct to get the day off to a good start:

AQU Race 1 Md $40,000 (1:20 ET)
      2 Bajan Beach 2-1
      3 Momma Giovanna 1-1
      5 Personal Gold 12-1
      6 Hashtagsid 10-1

Analysis: Bajan Beach was bumped coming out of the gate, stalked the early pace and finished up well for the runner up spot last out against state bred $25,000 foes in her second career start. She was sent off at 9-2 in her debut against tougher and was not a threat in an eighth place finish. She looks headed in the right direction for the underrated Morley barn. By Speightstown, she is out of a Silver Deputy mare that has dropped four winners.

Momma Giovanna prompted the early pace and could not get to the gate to wire winner in the stretch in a runner up finish last out, her first go off nearly a six-month layoff. The blinkers go on for the Pletcher barn that is 20% winners when adding the hood. She does not need to move forward much off her last effort to pick up her diploma here but the price is going to be on the short side.

Wagering
      WIN: #2 to win at 9-5 or better.
      EX: 2,3 / 2,3,5
      TRI: no play

Today's Featured Race of the Day from Aqueduct:

AQU Race 8 Clm $50,000 (4:57 ET)
      4 Stallwalkin' Dude 3-1
      6 Slan Abhaile 5-1
      3 Doc Almon 5-2
      7 Sky Commander 4-1

Analysis: Stallwalkin' Dude tracked the early pace, was in between foes and did not have enough punch left late trying to get two turns last out on Claiming Championship Day here, weakening to finish fourth. Two back this guy beat Alw-1 foes going six furlongs. The Jacobson barn is 27% winners moving runners form route to sprint. The cut back suits and he looks well spotted here dropping in for a straight $50,000 tag.

Slan Abhaile jumped out to a quick lead and weakened in the stretch to finish sixth last out against Alw-2 optional claimers going long off a two month break. He caught a racing strip that was playing to inside speed that day. He makes his second start off the claim by the Adsit barn and the cut back here to one turn should suit.

Wagering
      WIN: #4 to win at 5-2 or better.
      EX: 4,6 / 3,4,6,7
      TRI: 4,6 / 3,4,6,7 / 3,4,5,6,7

Live Longshots:
      These are price plays for exotic players looking to find a couple of extra contenders to use in their trifecta and superfecta wagers. Or for those with smaller bankrolls, you might want to get in a small win-place wager.

Aqueduct
      R1: #5 Personal Gold 12-1
      R1: #6 Hashtagsid 10-1
      R2: #4 Bernstein Flambe 15-1
      R3: #4 Mizner Park 12-1
      R5: #1 Ramham 12-1
      R5: #6 Officer Mahaffy 10-1
      R5: #3 Come
      Back Happy 50-1
      R6: #3 Colleen's Sailor 8-1

Good luck today!
      Posted 04/08/2015 09:00 AM - Hide
    • Charles Town (1st) Poppa's Pick, 7-2
      (2nd) Goodbye Kiss, 3-1

Gulfstream Park (3rd) Ghost Hunter, 3-1
      (4th) J. M.'s Parade, 5-1

Hawthorne (2nd) Affirmed Once More, 9-2
      (6th) War News, 4-1

Keeneland (3rd) A. P. Indian, 7-2
      (7th) Pramedya, 8-1

Mountaineer (5th) Tiz Today, 5-1
      (8th) Vita Desiderata, 7-2

Oaklawn Park (1st) Buckwheat, 8-1
      (4th) Flashy Holiday, 6-1

Penn National (1st) Paparazzi Girl, 10-1
      (5th) Slinger, 9-2

Tampa Bay Downs (6th) King Gatto, 3-1
      (10th) Carolina Dreams, 9-2
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.
  • Breaking News:
  • View Topic - Besides supermodels, what are other high-caliber women that an alpha with money would try to fuck as much as possible?
  • View Topic - Wanna make some easy money? If the Repugs take the Senate, remember this link:
  • View Topic - The smar money is betting that Janean Garafolo will not age well.
  • View Topic - Take advantage of the federal reserve easy money while you can