BBS

• SUBMIT 10 GUESSES AS TO WHY MY POASTING VOLUME HAS GREATLY DECREASED AS OF LATE, AND I SHALL REVEAL THE TRUTH
      Page: 2
      :lol: you are still projecting your own feelings onto what i type. its so blatant - how can you not see that?

You say how i am not loved, i tell you how your insult gave me this happy moment of thinking 'is that true? nope! yay!'

then pretty much restate that insult, i say how its clear that you are just kinda making stuff up about a 'person' who to you is nothing more than a series of posts, and are projecting, and how the insults you choose to go with are likely on the top of your head, ready to be used, because you apply them to yourself.

this hurts you, but you keep projecting and say how you must have really hurt me. It's so obvious, and just kinda sad at this point.

[continued]
    • AMA
  • x
  • tit the tit who is also aX
    • Gooks have a jolly good time shooting and eventually killing fishermen stranded in a life raft on the high seas
      [quote]..[/quote]

The oceans, plied by more ships than ever before, are also more armed and dangerous than any time since World War II, naval historians say. Thousands of seamen every year are victims of violence, with hundreds killed, according to maritime security officials, insurers and naval researchers. Last year in three regions alone - the western Indian Ocean, Southeast Asia and the Gulf of Guinea off West Africa - more than 5,200 seafarers were attacked by pirates and robbers and more than 500 were taken hostage.

Though pirate attacks on large container ships, like that depicted in the film "Captain Phillips," have dropped sharply over the past several years, other forms of violence remain pervasive.

Armed gangs run protection rackets requiring ship captains to pay for safe passage in the Bay of Bengal near Bangladesh. Nigerian marine police officers routinely work in concert with fuel thieves, according to maritime insurance investigators. Off the coast of Somalia, United Nations officials say, some pirates who used to target bigger ships have transitioned into "security" work on board foreign and local fishing vessels, fending off armed attacks, but also firing on rivals to scare them away.

[continued]
    • --
    • cheap.thrills
    • > 07/20/2015 08:02 PM : .
  • x
  • cheap.thrills
    • Why does John Adams get no respect? We hear of Washington & Jefferson but no one remembers our 2nd president, John Adams
      The Democratic-Republicans made the Alien and Sedition Acts an important issue in the 1800 election. Thomas Jefferson, upon assuming the Presidency, pardoned those still serving sentences under the Sedition Act,[21] and their fines were soon repaid,[22] though Jefferson also used the acts to prosecute several of his own critics before the acts expired.[6][23] It has been said that the Alien Acts were aimed at Albert Gallatin; and the Sedition Act aimed at Benjamin Bache's Aurora.[24][25] While government authorities prepared lists of aliens for deportation, many aliens fled the country during the debate over the Alien and Sedition Acts, and Adams never signed a deportation order.[26]

The Alien and Sedition Acts were never appealed to the Supreme Court, whose right of judicial review was not established until Marbury v. Madison in 1803. Subsequent mentions in Supreme Court opinions beginning in the mid-20th century have assumed that the Sedition Act would today be found unconstitutional.[27][28]

Jefferson and James Madison also secretly drafted the Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions denouncing the federal legislation, though many other state legislatures strongly opposed these resolutions.[29][30][31] Though the resolutions followed Madison's "interposition" approach, Jefferson advocated nullification and at one point drafted a threat for Kentucky to secede.[32] Jefferson's biographer Dumas Malone argued that this might have gotten Jefferson impeached for treason, had his actions become known at the time.[33] In writing the Kentucky Resolutions, Jefferson warned that, "unless arrested at the threshold," the Alien and Sedition Acts would "necessarily drive these states into revolution and blood." Historian Ron Chernow says of this "he wasn't calling for peaceful protests or civil disobedience: he was calling for outright rebellion, if needed, against the federal government of which he was vice president." Jefferson "thus set forth a radical doctrine of states' rights that effectively undermined the constitution."[34] Chernow argues that neither Jefferson nor Madison sensed that they had sponsored measures as inimical as the Alien and Sedition Acts themselves.[34] Historian Garry Wills argued "Their nullification effort, if others had picked it up, would have been a greater threat to freedom than the misguided [alien and sedition] laws, which were soon rendered feckless by ridicule and electoral pressure"[35] The theoretical damage of the Kentucky and Virginia resolutions was "deep and lasting, and was a recipe for disunion".[34] George Washington was so appalled by them that he told Patrick Henry that if "systematically and pertinaciously pursued", they would "dissolve the union or produce coercion".[34] The influence of Jefferson's doctrine of states' rights reverberated right up to the Civil War and beyond.[5] Future president James Garfield, at the close of the Civil War, said that Jefferson's Kentucky Resolution "contained the germ of nullification and secession, and we are today reaping the fruits".[5]
    • --
    • > 07/20/2015 08:00 PM : .
  • x
    • I'm starting to think I'll vote for Trump...
      Also Trump is the only guy attacking the TPP. Even Bernie Sanders isn't saying much about the TPP. Even the commie NDP party in Canada is afraid to touch that subject.

Trump is the cavalry charge in the nick of time perhaps?
    • --
    • > 07/20/2015 07:01 PM : .
  • x
    • Will Microsoft still activate Windows XP ?
      [quote]..[/quote]

depends what distro and depends what you're installing it on. laptop? yeah. desktop? depends if you have "fancy" hardware (specialized video cards, etc.). ubuntu? no problem (except laptops and "fancy" hardware). i've had real good luck with centos lately also.
    • --
  • x