• Beef back ribs on sale this week. Stocked up.

• Fscking Moron
    • Posted 10/12/2017 01:13 PM - Hide
    • Beef back ribs on sale this week. Stocked up. #1

Not bad for $1.49/lb. Ribs are meaty as fuck for grocery market ribs. Got about 30lbs worth. Just put one package into the pressure cooker. Yes I said pressure cooker. 40 minutes in the pressure cooker = fall off the bone tender. Slather bbq sauce then a couple minutes each side under the broiler = goddamn delicious ribs in a fraction of the time it would take in the oven.

Upper left is boneless pork shoulder meat that will be used for a big pot of chile verde and chile coloardo.

MEAT :erection:
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Fscking Moron
    • Re: Beef back ribs on sale this week. Stocked up.
      Posted 10/12/2017 01:16 PM - Hide
    • Meat in Canada is stupidly expensive in comparison to the US :mad:
        [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 01:22 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Meat in Canada is stupidly expensive in comparison to the US :mad:

Just out of curiousity could you give us some examples?

A good 7 rib Primb Rip will cost > $15.99/lb if USDA prime. You can find Choice for $11.99 /-. Worth it to spring for Prime.
      Ribeyes regularly go on sale for around $5.99 bone-in or $7.99 boneless. About the same for New York.
      Sirloin and london broil are inexpensive, regularly found for about $2.99-$4.99
      Tenderloin ("Filet Mignon") is ridiculously expensive but worth it.
      Chicken and lower cuts of meat are usually pretty cheap, regularly found for <$1.99/lb. Whole chickens are even cheaper, reguarly @ around $.69/lb. Same with turkeys.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 01:54 PM - Hide
    • i'm over 40 years old and never tasted a steak in my entire life. I don't think flank steak counts as steak.

:sadbanana:
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 01:57 PM - Hide
    • .. posted:
      i'm over 40 years old and never tasted a steak in my entire life. I don't think flank steak counts as steak.

flank steak is a very flavorful cut of meat, it's what the spics make carne asada etc with.

why have you never tasted a proper steak? were you a vegetarian for many o those years?
    • Fscking Moron
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 02:01 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      A pressure cooker? WTF. Grill.
      \
      :facepalm:

Nope. Pressure cooker, slather on sauce, then into the oven for a couple minutes each side to give the sauce a little bark.

Super moist and tender fall-off-bone delicious. No reason to hassle with the grill when I can be eating ribs in just over an hour. Subsequent batches cooked in the same fluid get better and better.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 02:01 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      .. posted:
      i'm over 40 years old and never tasted a steak in my entire life. I don't think flank steak counts as steak.

flank steak is a very flavorful cut of meat, it's what the spics make carne asada etc with.

why have you never tasted a proper steak? were you a vegetarian for many o those years?

can't afford it. There were no such thing as steaks in soviet union at all. It was different times. Later on it was pretty much the same. From the mid 90s to mid 2000s i lived in the USA. After i came back to lithuania in 2005 there were no steaks here until this year they started selling proper steaks. But they are very expensive around 30 eur/kg and more depending on the cut
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 02:03 PM - Hide
    • .. posted:
      can't afford it. There were no such thing as steaks in soviet union at all. It was different times. Later on it was pretty much the same. From the mid 90s to mid 2000s i lived in the USA. After i came back to lithuania in 2005 there were no steaks here until this year they started selling proper steaks. But they are very expensive around 30 eur/kg and more depending on the cut

:sad: bummer man. So what did / do you normally eat? How about pork / chicken / fish / ???
    • Fscking Moron
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 02:07 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      We don't do eu or kgs sonny. :nono:

roughly divide kg by 2. eur about the same as dollar nowadays. so 15 usd/lbs for t-bone. happy?
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 02:21 PM - Hide
    • That's not bad compared to here for quality butcher prices. Or you can get supermarket quality for cheaper.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 02:24 PM - Hide
    • A few days ago I was at my butchers and got a special - boneless rib eye steak cut to my thickness at 12/lb. It was superb.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 02:37 PM - Hide
    • .. posted:
      . posted:
      .. posted:

So you lived in the USA from mid 90's to 2000? But never got around to eating a $5 dollar steak? I call bullshit.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 02:38 PM - Hide
    • .. posted:

Damb! Timbes must be tough if you can't afford a 7.50/250g steak as a one-off.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 02:41 PM - Hide
    • .. posted:

This place gets good reviews.

http://www.mabre.lt/taste/#restaurant-menu

Save up and treat yourself to a nice steak! :thumbup:

http://www.mabre.lt/file/manual/MENIU%202017.pdf
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 02:42 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      So you lived in the USA from mid 90's to 2000? But never got around to eating a $5 dollar steak? I call bullshit.

i lived in poconos before moving to new york. while in poconos room and board was provided for employees since it was a remote resort hotel. no they didn't serve steaks in cafeteria. I worked in the kitchen, but still didn't get to taste a steak. I did try frog legs though, oysters, black and red caviar, similar fancy bullshit, etc.. In NYC i lived in what is considered spanish harlem, not that far from what is considered upper east side. Believe it or not, but none of the groceries had any steaks around there. Going grocery shopping is not exactly easy in NYC.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 02:48 PM - Hide
    • .. posted:
      i lived in poconos before moving to new york. while in poconos room and board was provided for employees since it was a remote resort hotel. no they didn't serve steaks in cafeteria. I worked in the kitchen, but still didn't get to taste a steak. I did try frog legs though, oysters, black and red caviar, similar fancy bullshit, etc.. In NYC i lived in what is considered spanish harlem, not that far from what is considered upper east side. Believe it or not, but none of the groceries had any steaks around there. Going grocery shopping is not exactly easy in NYC.

:hmmm: getting curious readings here ;bullshit;
    • Fscking Moron
    • Original Poster (OP)
      Posted 10/12/2017 02:52 PM : Edited 10/12/2017 02:52 PM - Hide
    • Ribs finished about 15 minutes ago. Let them sit and cool off a bit after the bbq sauce, then dove in.

Ate four. Super fucking meaty and delicious. Stuffed. Have a bunch left for later.

Second batch cooking naow. Guess I'll cook them all today then stick the pot in the fridge, everybody knows ribs are better the next day.
    • Fscking Moron
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 03:09 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Nope. Pressure cooker, slather on sauce, then into the oven for a couple minutes each side to give the sauce a little bark.

Super moist and tender fall-off-bone delicious. No reason to hassle with the grill when I can be eating ribs in just over an hour. Subsequent batches cooked in the same fluid get better and better.

;tardthis;
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 03:10 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Beef back ribs on sale this week. Stocked up. #1

Not bad for $1.49/lb. Ribs are meaty as fuck for grocery market ribs. Got about 30lbs worth. Just put one package into the pressure cooker. Yes I said pressure cooker. 40 minutes in the pressure cooker = fall off the bone tender. Slather bbq sauce then a couple minutes each side under the broiler = goddamn delicious ribs in a fraction of the time it would take in the oven.

Upper left is boneless pork shoulder meat that will be used for a big pot of chile verde and chile coloardo.

MEAT :erection:

what is your chile verde recipe?
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 03:36 PM : Edited 10/12/2017 03:37 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      :facepalm:

we can't all subsist on cereal and salami sandwiches like you

edit: subsist, not subside.fuckin autocorrect
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save   Sage/No Bump
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.