• Can somebody explain to me what "Good cultural fit" means when that is used to determine who gets hired for a job?

• Local milk person
      • Posted 09/13/2017 01:35 PM - Hide
      • Please explain to me, HR hiring managers? I have no idea what it means.

Are they hiring people based on how outgoing and good looking they are now?
      •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
      • Local milk person
      • Re: Can somebody explain to me what "Good cultural fit" means when that is used to determine who gets hired for a job?
        Posted 09/13/2017 01:40 PM - Hide
      • Company full of twink developers: no old guys.
        Company full of women: no men.
        Company full of minories: no whitey.

Etc. Too many people see work as an extension of their social life. It isn't and shouldn't be. Best person for the job, go to work, do your fucking job, then leave. Live your life. Come back again tomorrow.

I'm not even that old (<40) and already cannot stand working with people just a little bit younger than me. This isn't fucking day care assholes, it's work. Put your phone down and get some shit done. And turn your fucking music down :mad:
          [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
      • Local milk person
      • Re: Can somebody explain to me what "Good cultural fit" means when that is used to determine who gets hired for a job?
        Posted 09/13/2017 01:41 PM - Hide
      • It means that you'll fit in with their group.

So if the office is full of Millennial, or blacks, or whatever, they're looking to see if you will fit in with them.
          [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
      • Local milk person
        Posted 09/13/2017 01:42 PM - Hide
      • Based on recent high-profile firings, it helps to not be a Nazi.:biggrin:
      • Local milk person
      • Original Poster (OP)
        Posted 09/13/2017 01:42 PM - Hide
      • . posted:
        For one thing, if they find out you post here, they won't touch you with a ten-foot pole.

I used to post on Camp Idiot for many years on my work computer. My manager had a riotous laugh when I accidentally opened a Meatspin link when he was nearby. Lucily he was a cool guy -- he would take us out to the back parking lot and smoke pot with him.
      • Local milk person
        Posted 09/13/2017 01:49 PM - Hide
      • . posted:
        . posted:
        For one thing, if they find out you post here, they won't touch you with a ten-foot pole.

I used to post on Camp Idiot for many years on my work computer. My manager had a riotous laugh when I accidentally opened a Meatspin link when he was nearby. Lucily he was a cool guy -- he would take us out to the back parking lot and smoke pot with him.

Sounds like you were or are currently at a place where you and others feel at ease with each other. Ergo, a good cultural fit.
      • Local milk person
        Posted 09/13/2017 02:10 PM - Hide
      • It means you are willing to take big gulps of the corporate kool aid and do anal on demand. I am serious though - they are looking for a corporate cheerleader that is rah, rah company. Its easy to fool them depending if you want the job or not.

The question you have to ask yourself - do you want to rotate your life around the company? Are you willing to be the company's slave that they can get rid of any time without warning just because?
      • Local milk person
        Posted 09/13/2017 03:10 PM - Hide
      • Generally it means the company has a policy against hiring niggers, sand niggers, pakis, hindus, muslims, other assorted brown people, chinks, slants, gooks, spics, Jews, queers and other undesirables who "just don't belong."
      • Local milk person
        Posted 09/13/2017 03:22 PM - Hide
      • . posted:
        It means that you'll fit in with their group.

So if the office is full of Millennial, or blacks, or whatever, they're looking to see if you will fit in with them.
        Doesn't that run counter to all the diversity bullshit that so many companies like to promote?
      • Local milk person
        Posted 09/13/2017 04:38 PM : Edited 09/13/2017 04:38 PM - Hide
      • . posted:

That's what's known as a bad cultural fit.
        \
        :shatner:
        Posted 09/13/2017 04:40 PM - Hide
      • . posted:
        Company full of developers: no old guys.
        Company full of women: no men.
        Company full of minories: no whitey.

Etc. Too many people see work as an extension of their social life. It isn't and shouldn't be. Best person for the job, go to work, do your fucking job, then leave. Live your life. Come back again tomorrow.

I'm not even that old (<40) and already cannot stand working with people just a little bit younger than me. This isn't fucking day care assholes, it's work. Put your phone down and get some shit done. And turn your fucking music down :mad:

FIXED
      • Local milk person
        Posted 09/13/2017 04:46 PM - Hide
      • . posted:
        . posted:
        It means that you'll fit in with their group.

Doesn't that run counter to all the diversity bullshit that so many companies like to promote?

Well, it's implied that you have to fit in with a "diverse" environment. It does sound discriminatory.
      • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
      Save
      Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
      Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.