• Cord-Cutting Explodes: 22 Million U.S. Adults to Cancel Cable, Satellite TV in 2017

• Local milk person
    • Re: Cord-Cutting Explodes: 22 Million U.S. Adults to Cancel Cable, Satellite TV in 2017
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:35 PM : Edited 09/13/2017 01:36 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      It's idiotic to create online services that regurgitate what's already on TV. Cable and broadcasting are the most efficient ways to distribute video. Streaming is a huge drain on bandwidth that should only be used if you don't have access to normal channels. Cable companies are right to complain about Netflix and Hulu using too much bandwidth. They're not going to solve that problem by moving all of their TV content to streaming.

Not really that stupid. Millennials are discovering "classic" sitcoms like Friends and, for some reason, Golden Girls :wtf:

A website with a large enough archive of old shows and other material, plus new and even original shows (which is what I suspect Hulu will eventually do), will do great with the smartphone generation.
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Local milk person
    • Re: Cord-Cutting Explodes: 22 Million U.S. Adults to Cancel Cable, Satellite TV in 2017
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:37 PM - Hide
    • Bitch better drop dem prices!
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:37 PM - Hide
    • ;schlomoshock;
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:41 PM - Hide
    • Cable TV is ridiculously expensive. If they weren't charging so much people wouldn't be dumping them.
        [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:42 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Not really that stupid. Millennials are discovering "classic" sitcoms like Friends and, for some reason, Golden Girls :wtf:

A website with a large enough archive of old shows and other material, plus new and even original shows (which is what I suspect Hulu will eventually do), will do great with the smartphone generation.

"Friends" will probably be in reruns, free to watch on TV, until the end of time. Why would anyone pay to watch it?
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:44 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      "Friends" will probably be in reruns, free to watch on TV, until the end of time. Why would anyone pay to watch it?

People like the "on demand" feature, binge watching, etc., just like with other shows.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:44 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Cable TV is ridiculously expensive. If they weren't charging so much people wouldn't be dumping them.

People are going to pay just as much to watch the same shows online, if not more, as more and more bandwidth is required to accommodate it.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:45 PM - Hide
    • Just get an antenna and watch sports.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:46 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      They stiklbiy internet service from them

stiklbiy
      :winner:
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:47 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Tr00f.Hurtz posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      Normal, non-aspie people with jobs and wives and families want to see shows about men going their own way and skinheads
      \
      :winner2:

Your effete buffoonery amuses no one but you.

OP made me :lol: cuz it's true.

Go look at the YouTube front page while not logged in and tell us what you see, genius. Ninety percent of the videos are from the same corporate media outlets that people are cutting the cord to get rid of. The few homespun videos are vapid drivel that no one except you and the other idiot dot would find interesting. It's not even a case of MGTOW or skinheads or any of the other horseshit you and the other fuckwit imagine when you hear the phrase "free speech."

I subscribe to several You Tube channels that post Mike Cernovich videos. At the beginning of summer I was getting two or three up on my login page every day. Now? Nothing. You know they're blocking him..instead they're bombarding me with the worst commercial shit imaginable...Taylor Swift music vids etc..
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:55 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I know how they can reverse this problem....

More anti-white racism on every TV station, especially ESPN!
      \
      :stewart:

Actually, ESPN have asked Hank Williams Jr. to use his song again after the SJWs had him booted from the network in 2011:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19539601/hank-williams-jr-iconic-song-returning-monday-night-football

"I think it's a return to our past in that it's such an iconic song associated with football," ESPN senior vice president of events and studio production Stephanie Druley told The Tennessean. "It was the original. It belongs to Monday Night Football. It really is about returning to what fans know. It's a Monday night party, and that's what we're all hoping to get back to."
      \
      :tfb:

No shit, Sherlock. ESPN has insulted their core fanbase (middle aged white guys from Middle America who actually watch sports on TV) for how many years and now they realize that maybe, perhaps they shouldn't bite the hand that feeds them? The firing of Hank Williams Jr. was a public castration in order to humiliate the average white American.

I think it's too little or too late at this point. I've cut the cord in 2014 and I'm never going back.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:56 PM : Edited 09/13/2017 01:56 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I subscribe to several You Tube channels that post Mike Cernovich videos. At the beginning of summer I was getting two or three up on my login page every day. Now? Nothing. You know they're blocking him..instead they're bombarding me with the worst commercial shit imaginable...Taylor Swift music vids etc..

Cernovich isn't even "alt right" or "white supremacist" either. He's constantly criticizing right-wing extremists on Twitter, telling them their movement is a dead end and unappealing to regular conservatives and mainstream America. The globalists are bent on shutting down anyone to the right of Stalin. Corporate media is used to having news and information flow in only one direction, from them to us. They know their propaganda can't compete in a democratic market.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:57 PM : Edited 09/13/2017 01:57 PM - Hide
    • . posted:

Hey, don't knock the Golden Girls. I confess that I used to fap to Blanche Devereaux when I was a secksless incel teen in the 1980s. That hot, oversexed sultry Southern accent... she was the original MILF!
      \
      :anon:
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:59 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I think it's too little or too late at this point. I've cut the cord in 2014 and I'm never going back.

Corporate media should never be forgiven for violating the trust that Americans once placed in them as representatives of the formerly free press.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 02:02 PM - Hide
    • And yes, liberals, they're starting to censor you too. if you think it's only "baggers" and "deplorables" being silenced, think again.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 02:03 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      I know how they can reverse this problem....

More anti-white racism on every TV station, especially ESPN!
      \
      :stewart:

Actually, ESPN have asked Hank Williams Jr. to use his song again after the SJWs had him booted from the network in 2011:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19539601/hank-williams-jr-iconic-song-returning-monday-night-football

"I think it's a return to our past in that it's such an iconic song associated with football," ESPN senior vice president of events and studio production Stephanie Druley told The Tennessean. "It was the original. It belongs to Monday Night Football. It really is about returning to what fans know. It's a Monday night party, and that's what we're all hoping to get back to."
      \
      :tfb:

No shit, Sherlock. ESPN has insulted their core fanbase (middle aged white guys from Middle America who actually watch sports on TV) for how many years and now they realize that maybe, perhaps they shouldn't bite the hand that feeds them? The firing of Hank Williams Jr. was a public castration in order to humiliate the average white American.

Why did they fire him?
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 02:08 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Why did they fire him?

He said something that (((marxists))) didn't like, of course.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 02:09 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:

Cernovich isn't even "alt right" or "white supremacist" either. He's constantly criticizing right-wing extremists on Twitter, telling them their movement is a dead end and unappealing to regular conservatives and mainstream America. The globalists are bent on shutting down anyone to the right of Stalin. Corporate media is used to having news and information flow in only one direction, from them to us. They know their propaganda can't compete in a democratic market.

Yep, I'm actually a bit ashamed to go to Cernovich but he does break good stories from time to time. It's pretty shocking how they're going about this but then they're actually indoctrinating the masses of rednecks through pro sports now and it seems to be working on a lot of really stupid people.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 02:10 PM - Hide
    • As long as they carry crappy channels like CNN (100% fake news), I won't be giving them any of my money. I get all of the major network channels in HD using an OTA.
        [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 02:12 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:

Corporate media should never be forgiven for violating the trust that Americans once placed in them as representatives of the formerly free press.

The corporate media are tools of the left and I for one barely shed a tear at their demise.

Cord cutting would have happened naturally (there's just too much competition nowadays), but they could have stemmed the bleeding if they hadn't spit in the eyes of what normal every day people hold near and dear to them.

The left in the media constantly complain that people are choosing the news to fit their views. They cannot stand the competition and the fragmentation of the media. Limbaugh and Fox News promote a mild, cuckservative agenda and the left calls them Fascists. They even forced O'Reilly off the air.

Edward R. Murrow was a sanctimonious libfag -- but people didn't have the choice back then because there were only a handful of networks and television was a novelty that captured your attention. Conservatives should have fought tooth and nail to gain control of emerging media in radio and television in the early days. But with today's internet, there's a limitless amount of media. Even with their clamping down on DailyStormer, there are always alternatives. Heck, people are even forgoing watching television at all (network or streaming) and the brainwashing of the idiot box. I listen to a hilarious podcast called "The Daily Shoah" with just a bunch of aware white guys shooting the shit and giving us realtalk. Every minute that I spend listening to them is one less minute that I spend gleaning my information from the politically correct information sources.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 02:15 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      The left in the media constantly complain that people are choosing the news to fit their views. They cannot stand the competition and the fragmentation of the media.

Irony. They shot themselves in the foot by choosing the news that fits their views. Now they're complaining because people are sick of hearing it. All they had to do was report the facts and keep their unsolicited opinions to themselves, and they'd still be doing fine.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 02:16 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      Normal, non-aspie people with jobs and wives and families want to see shows about men going their own way and skinheads
      \
      :winner2:

Your effete buffoonery amuses no one but you.

Words like 'effete' are only going to confuse them
      :snicker:
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 02:17 PM - Hide
    • There is zero difference between television and having a room full of jews yapping at you all day. Only an imbecile would want (or, worse, pay for) that.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 02:21 PM - Hide
    • Where the media really screwed up: They're not as clever as they believe they are, and most people aren't as stupid as the media believes they are. Propaganda and psych warfare require subtlety and skill. It's hard to trick someone who uses his head. The talking heads on cable news aren't very good liars. They're strictly amateur hour.
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.