• Cord-Cutting Explodes: 22 Million U.S. Adults to Cancel Cable, Satellite TV in 2017

• Local milk person
    • Posted 09/13/2017 12:11 PM - Hide
    • I cancelled cable TV in 2009, and have been internet-only ever since.

Cord-Cutting Explodes: 22 Million U.S. Adults to Cancel Cable, Satellite TV in 2017

Winter is here for cable and satellite TV operators.

American consumers are cancelling traditional pay-TV service at a much faster rate than previously expected, according to research firm eMarketer.

In 2017, 22.2 million U.S. adults will cut the cord on cable, satellite or telco TV service - up 33% over 2016 - the researcher now predicts. That's significantly higher than eMarketer's prior estimate of 15.4 million cord-cutters for this year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/cord-cutting-explodes-22-million-us-adults-to-cancel-cable-satellite-tv-in-2017/ar-AArRiRe
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Local milk person
    • Re: Cord-Cutting Explodes: 22 Million U.S. Adults to Cancel Cable, Satellite TV in 2017
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:17 PM - Hide
    • This is why YouTube is eager to become Television 2.0. All of the censorship on YouTube is due to their attempt to make it more "advertiser-friendly" (code phrase for politically correct). It will backfire because people were fleeing TV when they went to YouTube. They will flee YouTube for other video sites so they can see what they really want to see.
    • Local milk person
    • Re: Cord-Cutting Explodes: 22 Million U.S. Adults to Cancel Cable, Satellite TV in 2017
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:19 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I know how they can reverse this problem....

More anti-white racism on every TV station, especially ESPN!
      \
      :stewart:

:potd:
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:21 PM - Hide
    • The world needs to "cut" the kike permanently.
        [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Really Justin Sane
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:28 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      The world needs to "cut" the kike permanently.

:thumbup::lol:
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:35 PM - Hide
    • The heebs still own the broadband so they'll just make their sheckles there. Plus, they are now censoring the internet.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:36 PM - Hide
    • OMG THEY SEE (((ME)))
      \/
      Cord-Cutting Explodes: 22 Million U.S. Adults to Cancel Cable, Satellite TV in 2017 #1
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:42 PM - Hide
    • :shrug: I've long been internet only & pay for Netflix and a good VPN service.

However the point of the whole attempt to end net neutrality is to fuck this all up... cable providers want to choke streaming to death unless the stream providers pay $$$ for fast service. Even if I were going thru my VPN the ISP could still identify and choke streaming video.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:45 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      This is why YouTube is eager to become Television 2.0. All of the censorship on YouTube is due to their attempt to make it more "advertiser-friendly" (code phrase for politically correct). It will backfire because people were fleeing TV when they went to YouTube. They will flee YouTube for other video sites so they can see what they really want to see.

Normal, non-aspie people with jobs and wives and families want to see shows about men going their own way and skinheads
      \
      :winner2:
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:56 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      They stiklbiy internet service from them
      \
      ;yuofag4;
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:57 PM - Hide
    • It is only like 5 bucks per day to get all the channels..my nicotine habit costs more than that. I thought everyone here made $150K+ per year?
    • Tr00f.Hurtz
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:59 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      Normal, non-aspie people with jobs and wives and families want to see shows about men going their own way and skinheads
      \

Your effete buffoonery amuses no one but you.

OP made me :lol: cuz it's true.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:05 PM - Hide
    • Tr00f.Hurtz posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      \

Your effete buffoonery amuses no one but you.

OP made me :lol: cuz it's true.

Go look at the YouTube front page while not logged in and tell us what you see, genius. Ninety percent of the videos are from the same corporate media outlets that people are cutting the cord to get rid of. The few homespun videos are vapid drivel that no one except you and the other idiot dot would find interesting. It's not even a case of MGTOW or skinheads or any of the other horseshit you and the other fuckwit imagine when you hear the phrase "free speech."
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:08 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      It is only like 5 bucks per day to get all the channels..my nicotine habit costs more than that. I thought everyone here made $150K+ per year?

Not everyone wants to give moar money to the (((jews))) who are pushing cultural marxist filth.

$5/day is nearly $2,000 per year, which is money that can I allocate to moar guns & bullets & body armour & knives for the upcoming civil war.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:09 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Go look at the YouTube front page while not logged in and tell us what you see, genius. Ninety percent of the videos are from the same corporate media outlets that people are cutting the cord to get rid of. The few homespun videos are vapid drivel that no one except you and the other idiot dot would find interesting. It's not even a case of MGTOW or skinheads or any of the other horseshit you and the other fuckwit imagine when you hear the phrase "free speech."

Hey angry dot, I only watch the home made video channels, I avoid the corporate crap. The home made videos are what makes youRube interdasting, IMO
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:10 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:

Hey angry dot, I only watch the home made video channels, I avoid the corporate crap. The home made videos are what makes youRube interdasting, IMO

And I watch on my ROKU stick.

:winning:
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:14 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:

Good for you. You have to actually search to find anything interesting these past few weeks, right? The snickering imbeciles who can barely type an English sentence on here don't even miss the kind of videos a thinking person would find worthwhile.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:26 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      This is why YouTube is eager to become Television 2.0. All of the censorship on YouTube is due to their attempt to make it more "advertiser-friendly" (code phrase for politically correct). It will backfire because people were fleeing TV when they went to YouTube. They will flee YouTube for other video sites so they can see what they really want to see.

This, plus people who are cutting their cords are going to online alternatives, like Hulu, that just give them the same bullshit they were watching on cable.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:29 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:

This, plus people who are cutting their cords are going to online alternatives, like Hulu, that just give them the same bullshit they were watching on cable.

I don't pay for that bullshit either.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:32 PM : Edited 09/13/2017 01:33 PM - Hide
    • . posted:

It's idiotic to create online services that regurgitate what's already on TV. Cable and broadcasting are the most efficient ways to distribute video. Streaming is a huge drain on bandwidth that should only be used if you don't have access to normal channels. Cable companies are right to complain about Netflix and Hulu using too much bandwidth. They're not going to solve that problem by moving all of their TV content to streaming.
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.