• $1000 for the newest piece of shit iPhone. Nope.

• Re: $1000 for the newest piece of shit iPhone. Nope.
      Posted 09/13/2017 11:49 AM : Edited 09/13/2017 11:50 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      does it have augmented reality like in the terminator? that would be cool

yes - apple will have the largest deployed base of ar-capable phones once iOS 11 hits the street
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 11:51 AM - Hide
    • . posted:

WELL HERE WE ARE ALMOST INTO PAGE 4, AND NEITHER QUENCE NOR ANY OF HIS ALTER-EGOS HAVE GIVEN US ANY SPECIFIC EXAMPLES OF WHAT IPHONES DO BETTER THAN ANDROID DEVICES.

Who gives a fuck? He likes them better, they work for him, who gives a fuck? Jesus fucking Christ. It'll be ok, friend. Not everybody has to like the same shit. I have a friend with a goddamn Blackberry.
      \
      :facepalm:
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 11:52 AM - Hide
    • Is it just me or has smartphone tech gotten very intrusive? It listens in on your conversations, it scans fingerprints, retinas and now faces, presumably so they NSA can track you better.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 11:53 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:

WELL HERE WE ARE ALMOST INTO PAGE 4, AND NEITHER QUENCE NOR ANY OF HIS ALTER-EGOS HAVE GIVEN US ANY SPECIFIC EXAMPLES OF WHAT IPHONES DO BETTER THAN ANDROID DEVICES.

Who gives a fuck? He likes them better, they work for him, who gives a fuck? Jesus fucking Christ. It'll be ok, friend. Not everybody has to like the same shit. I have a friend with a goddamn Blackberry.
      \

WELL THE POINT HERE SMART GUY WAS THAT QUENCE AND ALL HIS ALTER-EGOS ARE QUICK TO SHIT ON ANDROID DEVICES, TOUTING THEIR IPHONES AS BEING "SO SUPERIOR" ETC, BUT THEY NEVER CAN DESCRIBE A SINGLE SPECIFIC THING THAT IS ACTUALLY SUPERIOR.

AND AS ALWAYS, THIS USELESS EXCHANGE TENDS TO GO ON FOR SEVERAL PAGES. EVERY FUCKING TIME.

:fuckyou:;quence10k;
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 11:55 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      WELL THE POINT HERE SMART GUY WAS THAT QUENCE AND ALL HIS ALTER-EGOS ARE QUICK TO SHIT ON ANDROID DEVICES, TOUTING THEIR IPHONES AS BEING "SO SUPERIOR" ETC, BUT THEY NEVER CAN DESCRIBE A SINGLE SPECIFIC THING THAT IS ACTUALLY SUPERIOR.

AND AS ALWAYS, THIS USELESS EXCHANGE TENDS TO GO ON FOR SEVERAL PAGES. EVERY FUCKING TIME.

So be smarter than him, declare victory and end it. They're both good phones that do exactly the same shit.
      \
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 11:57 AM - Hide
    • Rex posted:
      Vilb posted:
      So Apple knows how to make a profit off of morons.

Not exactly innovative.

Long ago, Apple figured out that catering to Trevs would put them out of business.

Trevs have not forgotten this.

Apple manage to make itself into a fashion statement. Good on them for that. They can charge any amount of money for their devices, and the fashion-chasing plebs will sell themselves into debt to buy into the "image."

The rest of us who actually use our devices for work buy Thinkpads and android phones, and laugh at the retards sitting in the window at Starbucks with ten facebook, youtube, instagram, and twitter tabs open on their (financed) $5000 MBP.

;cornlol;
      Posted 09/13/2017 11:58 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Apple manage to make itself into a fashion statement. Good on them for that. They can charge any amount of money for their devices, and the fashion-chasing plebs will sell themselves into debt to buy into the "image."

The rest of us who actually use our devices for work buy Thinkpads and android phones, and laugh at the retards sitting in the window at Starbucks with ten facebook, youtube, instagram, and twitter tabs open on their (financed) $5000 MBP.

;cornlol;

tru dat my nigga, tru dat.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:07 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      This is why we are doomed. 4 pages of why the iphone is great and no one cares about the privacy implications. Enjoy 1984, it is of your own making.

Even better:

4 pages of why the iphone is great with ;crickets; in response to multiple requests for specific examples of why it is so great other than "it is great", "it is superior", "it is the best phone", etc.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:08 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      :rolleyes: 0/10 you've been running this stupid troll for at least 3 years. Try a different angle.

Quence is right. I've used both iphones and android phones and the iphones are clearly superior in so many different ways. It's just so obvious.

That being said, $1000 for a phone is too much for me. I'll keep using my iphone 7 for another year or two.

:rolleyes: :wave: Quencce.

Ever notice how the Apple fantard crowd always goes on about how much better their devices are, but can never provide any specific examples of how exactly they are superior or what exactly they do better?

God I am so glad I own an apple device. With my 24 year service contract and phone payment, it only costs me about $150/month.
      \
      ;sjwfag;

Yeah apple products sure are great!
      \
      ;fatfag;

They're like, totally superior to anything else. So much better.
      \
      :gayness:

Totally. It's just SO obvious!
      \
      ;libfag;

Absolutely the best! I can't imagine using anything else to listen to music, send text messages, change my facebook status, and look at youtube videos with. God I love Apple and I wish I could show Tim Cook my appreciation by allowing him to baste my face repeatedly with rope after rope of his potent delicious man gravy!
      \
      :bluebunny:

UHHH HOW DO I SEND EMAIL WITH THIS THING?
      \
      :geny:

:potd:
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:13 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      This is why we are doomed. 4 pages of why the iphone is great and no one cares about the privacy implications. Enjoy 1984, it is of your own making.

Its not just Apple. Google is even worse. Go do a search on Google Play.
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:16 PM : Edited 09/13/2017 12:16 PM - Hide
    • . posted:

;cornlol;

I hope you won't mind if we laugh back.

Windows, Linux, & Android... all low-maintenance solutions that get out of the way to get work done. :lol:
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:21 PM - Hide
    • Rex posted:
      . posted:

;cornlol;

Windows, Linux, & Android... all low-maintenance solutions that get out of the way to get work done. :lol:

What planet are you from that Windows is low maintenance?
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:31 PM : Edited 09/13/2017 12:40 PM - Hide
    • Rex posted:
      . posted:

;cornlol;

As a matter of fact, yes. Windows and Android are low-maintenance solutions. I can count on one hand the hours I have spent in the last decade diddling with Windows or Android to get it working, and the vast majority of any issues I've experienced were actually caused by a rogue application or some other such fuckery that wasn't even part of the operating system to begin with.

Linux can be a bit more finicky, but that is to be expected from something that is essentially a wannabe unix. That said, this isn't 1994 where you will need to go into config files to specify the bandwidth of your video card (and risk frying your machine if you get it wrong); plenty of distributions are perfectly reliable and easy to set up for non-technical users, i.e. Ubuntu, Mint, Manjaro, Lite, Deepin, elementary OS, Zorin, and others.

Finally, consider something like this. There are literally thousands of videos showing Apple offerings being completely destroyed by Hackintosh setups. Not merely outperformed, but ***destroyed***. Here's one of many:

Now ask yourself, if you can build a machine that will blow away a $5000+ Mac Pro for less than 20% of that price, how could you possibly justify the expense for the Mac Pro especially considering the facct your "Hackintosh" will be user serviceable while Apple products are moving further and further away from user-serviceability?
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 12:57 PM - Hide
    • Rex posted:

Go ahead and laugh. We wont care. None of you poseurs ever use your macbooks for anything but FB/IG/Twitter/Youtube/Email etc anyway. It's not like you ever do any actual "work" with it.

People like you are exactly the crowd netbooks were intended for. Instead of buying a practical tool that fits your level of use, you retards go all out on the credit card so you can be seen pretending to work on a machine you'll never use anywhere near it's full potential.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:10 PM - Hide
    • Vilb posted:
      So Apple knows how to make a profit off of morons.

Not exactly innovative.

Too bad you are poor and can't do do what they do.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:14 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      As a matter of fact, yes. Windows and Android are low-maintenance solutions. I can count on one hand the hours I have spent in the last decade diddling with Windows or Android to get it working, and the vast majority of any issues I've experienced were actually caused by a rogue application or some other such fuckery that wasn't even part of the operating system to begin with.

Linux can be a bit more finicky, but that is to be expected from something that is essentially a wannabe unix. That said, this isn't 1994 where you will need to go into config files to specify the bandwidth of your video card (and risk frying your machine if you get it wrong); plenty of distributions are perfectly reliable and easy to set up for non-technical users, i.e. Ubuntu, Mint, Manjaro, Lite, Deepin, elementary OS, Zorin, and others.

Finally, consider something like this. There are literally thousands of videos showing Apple offerings being completely destroyed by Hackintosh setups. Not merely outperformed, but ***destroyed***. Here's one of many:

Now ask yourself, if you can build a machine that will blow away a $5000 Mac Pro for less than 20% of that price, how could you possibly justify the expense for the Mac Pro especially considering the facct your "Hackintosh" will be user serviceable while Apple products are moving further and further away from user-serviceability?

;crickets;

As before, none of the board's Apple fanfags can break from their fantasies of fellating Tim Cook long enough to respond to evidence their beloved Apple's tech is overpriced crap that can be beaten by homebrew systems costing thousands less.

:rolleyes:
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:15 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Go ahead and laugh. We wont care. None of you poseurs ever use your macbooks for anything but FB/IG/Twitter/Youtube/Email etc anyway. It's not like you ever do any actual "work" with it.

People like you are exactly the crowd netbooks were intended for. Instead of buying a practical tool that fits your level of use, you retards go all out on the credit card so you can be seen pretending to work on a machine you'll never use anywhere near it's full potential.

I use my MacBook pro for Xcode & iPhone development.

Is that actual "work?"
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:16 PM : Edited 09/13/2017 01:17 PM - Hide
    • Rex posted:
      . posted:

. posted:
      I use my MacBook pro for Xcode & iPhone development.

:rolleyes: No you don't.

. posted:
      Is that actual "work?"

No.
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:16 PM - Hide
    • . posted:

Now ask yourself, if you can build a machine that will blow away a $5000+ Mac Pro for less than 20% of that price, how could you possibly justify the expense for the Mac Pro especially considering the facct your "Hackintosh" will be user serviceable while Apple products are moving further and further away from user-serviceability?

I need to Mac to work out-of-the-box.

Hackintosh systems are not straightforward to setup.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:18 PM : Edited 09/13/2017 01:19 PM - Hide
    • Rex posted:

:rolleyes: yes, assembling a few components and installing macos is quite the daunting task. I can see how someone who claims to do xcode & iphone development might have trouble wrapping his head around building a computer from store-bought components. :boring:
    • Local milk person
      Posted 09/13/2017 01:21 PM - Hide
    • Rex posted:
      . posted:

^^^ exactly what I'd expect from Apple's target demographic.

Too dumb and lazy to look into the mysteries of assembling a computer even if it means saving over $4000 and ending up with a better computer.

Best for you to stick with apple and leave the low-level tech stuff to those of us with three digit IQs.
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.