• There are NO legitimate arguments for keeping statues of Lee/Jackson in places of civic prominence.

• Local milk person
    • Re: There are NO legitimate arguments for keeping statues of Lee/Jackson in places of civic prominence.
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:02 PM - Hide
    • Sorry, but you subjective feelings about my ancestors and their sacrifice don't get to decide whether or not we acknowledge that sacrifice. My family fought in the civil war, and many died. It is appropriate to honor their loss.

Also, you're a fucking snaggletoof, so you get even less say.
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Re: There are NO legitimate arguments for keeping statues of Lee/Jackson in places of civic prominence.
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:09 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Sorry, but you subjective feelings about my ancestors and their sacrifice don't get to decide whether or not we acknowledge that sacrifice. My family fought in the civil war, and many died. It is appropriate to honor their loss.

Not if they were fighting for the Confederacy.

Also, these monuments are not soldiers' grave markers but are placed with the intention of glorifying the subject. Not cool.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:09 PM - Hide
    • The Congress of the United States passed a law making confederate veterans United States veterans. Generals Lee and Jackson are honored veterans of my country's military and Lee particularly was a gentleman of the highest caliber. No other argument is necessary.
        [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:10 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Well, let take all awards away from the US Serviceman that died in Vietnam, the Vietnamese suffered more than the US in the dead.

And the Japanese - we firebombed innocent civilians, killed hundreds of thousands of them. And the Gulf Wars, where hundreds of thousands of civilians were killed or maimed.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:11 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      The Congress of the United States passed a law making confederate veterans United States veterans. Generals Lee and Jackson are honored veterans of my country's military and Lee particularly was a gentleman of the highest caliber. No other argument is necessary.

:potd:

These ignorant fascist progressives don't realize that these monuments were built precisely so that there wouldn't be the kind of rallies and divisions that happened today. Their existence keeps the peace. Fascist progressives don't want peace, they want a fascist world where their fascist thought and speech laws control all minds. This is why these fascist progressives must be crushed. Not jailed - crushed.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:13 PM - Hide
    • death2me posted:

Also, these monuments are not soldiers' grave markers but are placed with the intention of glorifying the subject. Not cool.

Nope, they sacrificed themselves in battle, and deserved to be honored for it.

Again, you're not American, so it doesn't matter what you think or say - at all.
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:13 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      :potd:

These ignorant fascist progressives don't realize that these monuments were built precisely so that there wouldn't be the kind of rallies and divisions that happened today. Their existence keeps the peace. Fascist progressives don't want peace, they want a fascist world where their fascist thought and speech laws control all minds. This is why these fascist progressives must be crushed. Not jailed - crushed.

These monuments are intended to keep the peace? :oldlol: They're not very effective then.
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:14 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Nope, they sacrificed themselves in battle, and deserved to be honored for it.

Again, you're not American, so it doesn't matter what you think or say - at all.

• Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:15 PM - Hide
    • Putting up statues to traitors who lost a war wouldn't be tolerated in any other country.
        [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:16 PM - Hide
    • death2me posted:
      None. Only contempt for black people, which is no longer legitimate.

Going to have to pull down all of the statues of the Founding Fathers and Lincoln, too.

Obliterate their memories entirely from public life.

Good luck.

:lol:
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:17 PM - Hide
    • death2me posted:

Nope, snaggletoof, they sacrificed in battle and are honored for it.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:18 PM - Hide
    • Wash and Jeff owned slaves.

They're next.
      \
      :emma:
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:19 PM - Hide
    • death2me posted:
      The U.S. still exists. The CSA? Not so much.

And Jackson and Lee are far more a part of it than all of their detractors.

It's about reconciling with family.

Something that doesn't concern you one iota.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:21 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Putting up statues to traitors who lost a war wouldn't be tolerated in any other country.

You have a very un-American, anti-American, America-hating perspective.

Wonder why.

Those men aren't alien to us. They're a part of us. They're kin.

You, on the other hand, are a hateful alien, not a part of us at all.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:25 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      Putting up statues to traitors who lost a war wouldn't be tolerated in any other country.

You have a very un-American, anti-American, America-hating perspective.

Wonder why.

Those men aren't alien to us. They're a part of us. They're kin.

You, on the other hand, are a hateful alien, not a part of us at all.

I don't care how many statues, relics or flags you choose to own or display on private property. They have no business on the people's property.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:26 PM - Hide
    • death2me posted:

I assume you are also for the removal of the Lincoln memorial and the removal of Jefferson and Hamilton from all government buildings
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:28 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I don't care how many statues, relics or flags you choose to own or display on private property. They have no business on the people's property.

Why?
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:28 PM - Hide
    • death2me posted:
      . posted:
      Sorry, but you subjective feelings about my ancestors and their sacrifice don't get to decide whether or not we acknowledge that sacrifice. My family fought in the civil war, and many died. It is appropriate to honor their loss.

Katalyst, fuck off.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:29 PM - Hide
    • death2me posted:
      None. Only contempt for black people, which is no longer legitimate.

Nobody cares what self-hating obese manlet jew fags think.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 08:33 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:

Why?

You don't see a problem with the losing side putting up statues to traitorous scum in the public square?
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save   Sage/No Bump
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.