• So here is a picture of the employees that work in a "hip" technology company in the city

• Re: So here is a picture of the employees that work in a "hip" technology company in the city
      Posted 08/12/2017 03:57 PM : Edited 08/12/2017 03:58 PM - Hide
    • SamLowrey posted:
      Pretty sure she is actually alt-*ight.

Ooops, you're correct. Found the image somewhere, and saved it as a "tech/nerd girl" look.
      Just did a tineye image search and found her video, reposted after TOS removal. :thumbup:
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Local milk person
    • Re: So here is a picture of the employees that work in a "hip" technology company in the city
      Posted 08/12/2017 04:13 PM - Hide
    • Gruntled posted:
      So here is a picture of the employees that work in a "hip" technology company in the city #1

Some day/week/year/decade the warrior class may decide the many PC diverse multicultural fuckers are no longer worth defending.

Some day/week/year/decade soon the warrior class will be 100% drones controlled by an AI. Humans will no longer have to think or be educated, as all they will have to do is eat, sleep and fuck. Drones will make and deliver the food, make sure water is available, and clean up after the people. The earth will become a giant zoo with a drone swarm AI as the zookepers.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 04:28 PM - Hide
    • BANEOFLIBCUNTS posted:
      That's actually worrisome. We'd have a true imperial government in no time.

That's the problem with an all volunteer 100% professional army. Eventually they lose contact with the civilians. The Romans learned it the hard way.

We need to bring back the draft and amp it up 169%. No deferments, no excuses - not even for medical issues. You serve 2 years. Conscientious objector slots should be no more than 1% of the draft; everyone else HAS TO SERVE. Quadraplegics can be given a mouth stylus and learn how to manage logistics by computer. Psychiatric patients can be put in the Death's Head Brigade, where they will be the first pushed into combat as cannon fodder.

That'll get rid of the snowflake problem INSTANTLY. Drill instructors across the service branches will beat the idiocy out of them.

Fully 80% of the force should be GIs at any given time. It will keep the military honest and loyal.

Anyone who absolutely refuses to serve should lose their citizenship as a minimum. Either that or a two year jail term.

Love it, but I wouldn't go as far as you though. I would give snowflakes the Peace Corps or Habitat for Humanity option. Three years instead of the two year military option. Send them to clean up and build homes in blighted areas.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/12/2017 05:03 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      older techies end up unemployed. But honestly would you want to work with that group of snowflakes anyway?

Some end up at older more established companies. Start ups are for the young, established companies are for the experienced.

the guy you replied to is an old tard looser who is making excuses for why he no longer has a job because he fucked up.

of course what you are saying is correct. i've found myself at an established company that is large so they run kind of like the government. no one is tasked to do anything right away and raises are given out at 2%-4%. not exactly a place for anyone who wants to advance in their career but guess what? i'm about 10 years from retirement so i'm not playing that game anymore. the older i get the less energy i have for worrying about such things.

it's kind of nice to not have to bust my butt to get ahead. i'll just collect my $100k + bonus in flyover land for another 10 years at a leisurely pace and then retire in comfort. no more playing office politics for me.

Yeah I've advanced about as far as I can go without getting in to management, and I have no interest doing that. I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing, while keeping up with the latest technology so I don't become obsolete.
    • kiwi
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/13/2017 03:57 AM - Hide
    • Here are the old IT group !
      So here is a picture of the employees that work in a "hip" technology company in the city #1
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/13/2017 04:23 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      BANEOFLIBCUNTS posted:
      That's actually worrisome. We'd have a true imperial government in no time.

That's the problem with an all volunteer 100% professional army. Eventually they lose contact with the civilians. The Romans learned it the hard way.

We need to bring back the draft and amp it up 169%. No deferments, no excuses - not even for medical issues. You serve 2 years. Conscientious objector slots should be no more than 1% of the draft; everyone else HAS TO SERVE. Quadraplegics can be given a mouth stylus and learn how to manage logistics by computer. Psychiatric patients can be put in the Death's Head Brigade, where they will be the first pushed into combat as cannon fodder.

That'll get rid of the snowflake problem INSTANTLY. Drill instructors across the service branches will beat the idiocy out of them.

Fully 80% of the force should be GIs at any given time. It will keep the military honest and loyal.

Anyone who absolutely refuses to serve should lose their citizenship as a minimum. Either that or a two year jail term.

Love it, but I wouldn't go as far as you though. I would give snowflakes the Peace Corps or Habitat for Humanity option. Three years instead of the two year military option. Send them to clean up and build homes in blighted areas.

2 years is not enough time. 2 years active service after training maybe.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/13/2017 02:05 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Either you retire at 30 20 from those companies or are a total failure!

Fixed
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/13/2017 02:11 PM - Hide
    • Tech is like the NFL. You're done by 40.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/13/2017 02:24 PM - Hide
    • Retired military here. Many years ago I worked at Microsoft. I was one of the older people there, but there was a pretty reasonable mix of ages. The lady I shared my "pod" with was about my age - mid 40's. My first boss was older than I was, and he was replaced by a guy in his 30's. But the top people in our division were about my age. Made it easier to talk with them, especially when they learned about my background. Another thing I did was hang my military hat, the one with the "scrambled eggs" on the visor, in plain sight in my "pod". I had no problem working with the younger members of our team. We learned from each other. Good people.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/13/2017 02:32 PM - Hide
    • The two blame news are cute.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 08/13/2017 02:39 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      These startups have a 99% failure rate; but the ones who succeed, end up being worth millions or billions. The whole "Tech startup culture" for milliienals is just a rehash of the dot com tech startup culture that entranced Gen X back in the 90's. Only difference is these startups work on developing "apps" as opposed to building a dot-com based business, like Pets.com etc

Yeah, a lot of the current tech "startup" scene is complete bullshit. Just 20-somethings and hipsters building "apps". I see the worst of it, living in LA & working at a company that has a facility in "Silicon Beach" (Santa Monica/Venice). It's the worst of the worst: Clueless bitches, brogrammer script kiddie bullshit artists, guys walking around in flip flops working in "bizdev"... All building a bunch of useless apps. Just completely useless and stupid. And now we're starting to get resumes from people at Snapchat, which is slowly circling the drain only a few months after buying up all of the available commercial real estate here.

I swear that all of these startups here have 50% of their staff focused on "social media marketing". I've met so many dimwit, Womyn's Studies grads at happy hours here, all of whom do "marketing". Then after 1 drink they admit it's just responding to customers on twitter and Facebook, or "maintaining the company's instagram presence". All bullshit.

100% :bullshit:

Although on the plus side, if you're an older tard like I am (50) and are struggling to keep up with the "latest and greatest lingo", just go to one pseudo conference out here. Don't even go to the conference, just sit in the bar outside of the conference room and listen to the 20-somethings. I guarantee you will leave with enough dimwit lingo to get through an interview. Before it was "big data" and "cloud", now you can just sit and listen to fuckwits spouting off about "bots", "IoT", "VR", people talking about using AWS Lex when it's clear they have no clue what it is, etc.

In interviews, you'll be interviewed nowadays by one of these people. As long as you can spit out terms, they'll be satisfied. They don't even know how to use the technologies they talk about. (Even though most of them are just re-hashed/re-named from things that have already existed.) So if you stroll in there looking old & experienced and can lingo-drop, you're in with these fucks :tu:
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.