• could someone recommend a great movie from the mid-nineties to early/id 2000s?

• Fscking Moron
    • Re: could someone recommend a great movie from the mid-nineties to early/id 2000s?
      Posted 08/12/2017 06:39 PM - Hide
    • Bagmeister Supreme posted:
      It actually was based, loosely, on Holmes's life.

I know, brah :tu:
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Fscking Moron
    • Re: could someone recommend a great movie from the mid-nineties to early/id 2000s?
      Posted 08/12/2017 06:55 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Bagmeister Supreme posted:
      . posted:
      Boogie Nights

^^^This. One of my favorite movies. Most underrated film of all time. Should be a cult classic like Taxi Driver. In fact, it's been compared by critics to Taxi Driver.

Fucking A. Epic film. Great soundtrack.

If Scorsese made a film about John Holmes it'd be much like that. PTA is a genius.

Agreed, Boogie nights is an epic tale of the sordid underworld of life. Sound track is solid. They say the 80's in define via this song...let the movie speak.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 08/12/2017 09:03 PM - Hide
    • BANEOFLIBCUNTS posted:
      True Lies

I jerked off hundreds of times to the striptease scene on VHS when I was a kid.
      Posted 08/12/2017 09:12 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      OP, the best films are with 'no name' actors. Most are Indie film. Disclaimer, am as much of a hipster as an oak tree can defeat Usain Bolt in a race. Nonetheless, the hipsters are correct on this front. Just because others are stating is in a good movie in main stream, does not make it the truth. Saving Pvt Ryan comes to mind, ok movie, yet it is pale in comparison to the German movie Stalingrad that Quence played here once.
      E.G, everyone raved about Forrest Gump. Worst movie I ever seen in this man's lifetime. Thankfully my GF at the time agreed.

These are important points. There's a lot of indie shit out there too. But your odds of getting something interesting are better going with an indie movie. There's way too many marketing meetings involved in studio film development and the bean counters are making key decisions rather than the director.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 08/20/2017 03:39 AM - Hide
    • :bmup:
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 08/20/2017 03:43 AM - Hide
    • I can't believe this ran to 3 pages before someone mentioned the golden age of the Capering Cumpigs series (XIV-XVIII). Except of course XVI where a woman briefly appears :shudder:
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.