• Jake Lloyd, who played young Anakin Skywalker, has had ups & downs. Mostly downs.

• Posted 07/17/2017 10:18 AM - Hide
      • You may remember him in 'Star Wars: The Phantom Menace' way back in 1999 when he was 9 years old. He's had a tough time since then.

Jake ended up hating his famous role. He said, "My classmates picked on me: they mimicked the sound of a lightsaber every time they saw me. It was terrible. My school life turned into hell. I also had to give 60 interviews a day."

He was formally diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2015. According to his mother, his arrest for reckless driving without a license, as well as an instance of domestic violence, was brought about due to the struggle with his condition, and a failure to take his medication.

Most distressing is the fact he never grew taller than 5'5" which is very short for an adult male in America.

He currently uses the moniker of "Jake Broadbent".

Jake Lloyd, who played young Anakin Skywalker, has had ups & downs. Mostly downs. #1
      •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
      • Russian hacker
      • Re: Jake Lloyd, who played young Anakin Skywalker, has had ups & downs. Mostly downs.
        Posted 07/17/2017 10:23 AM - Hide
      • Poor guy, I hope he has enough money saved to live a comfortable life.
      • Russian hacker
      • Re: Jake Lloyd, who played young Anakin Skywalker, has had ups & downs. Mostly downs.
        Posted 07/17/2017 10:23 AM - Hide
      • Looks like a hardened criminal or serial killer in the adult pic.
        Posted 07/17/2017 10:28 AM - Hide
      • He was also the subject of a lot of ridicule and derision for his portrayal of young Anakin Skywalker, which many people described as "wooden" (they even coined the nickname "Mannequin Skywalker").

That seems to be especially mean spirited. How many 9 year olds are great actors?
      • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
      Save   Sage/No Bump
      Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
      Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.