• How stupid do you have to be to pay $4 a lb. for honey . It's liquid sugar.

• Fscking Moron
    • Re: How stupid do you have to be to pay $4 a lb. for honey . It's liquid sugar.
      Posted 10/12/2017 01:04 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      Darwin posted:
      Honey is a lot more expensive than $4/lb around here.

The Chinese honey made of HFCS, color and flavor can be quite inexpensive.

Doh ! I forgot all about the fake Chinese honey .It is a big problem. I read about dollar stores how none of the honey was real but that fake shit.

The Chinks will even add a little pollen to their fake honey to make it appear genuine.

AFAIK there is no reliable analytical method to distinguish between the real product and a well-made counterfeit honey.
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Fscking Moron
    • Re: How stupid do you have to be to pay $4 a lb. for honey . It's liquid sugar.
      Posted 10/12/2017 02:00 PM - Hide
    • Try telling your wife or gf that. They think it's some sort of voodoo cure all. That and lemon in a cup of hot tea.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 02:04 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      :hmmm:

either this is a troll or you are an idiot.

it is just the standard :troll:

I like honey and my neighbor has a refinery, a gal costs me bout $5, is is just a blonde blended honey, but it is all local and I like the guy.

Honey and yogurt with some pecans mixed in ...yummm
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 02:19 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:
      :hmmm:

either this is a troll or you are an idiot.

it is just the standard :troll:

I like honey and my neighbor has a refinery, a gal costs me bout $5, is is just a blonde blended honey, but it is all local and I like the guy.

Honey and yogurt with some pecans mixed in ...yummm

Your insider deal is not the norm. At the grocery store it is $4+ for a pound.

I wonder how much you'd like it paying that much ?

What does a gallon of honey weigh?

Let's say 10lbs.

So instead of your sweet $5 a gallon, what if your cost was 10lbs. x $4lb = $40 ?
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 02:20 PM - Hide
    • If bees were paid minimum wage for all the time used in making honey, it would cost more than $100K per 8oz jar.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 04:55 PM - Hide
    • Honey has many different uses.
      Bug bites, cuts, burns, bruises etc.
      As I aged my foreskin would develop tiny skin tears, lathering up my johnson with honey immediately cured the problem.
      Also, surprisingly good protection against STDs.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 05:08 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Your insider deal is not the norm. At the grocery store it is $4+ for a pound.

I wonder how much you'd like it paying that much ?

What does a gallon of honey weigh?

Let's say 10lbs.

So instead of your sweet $5 a gallon, what if your cost was 10lbs. x $4lb = $40 ?

I have seen all the fancy honey, alfalfa honey, kansas and colorado honey.
      Thats fine I guess, I like a blended blonde honey. Hell they even try to charge more for honey with the comb still in it :shrug:
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 05:29 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Bees are going extinct. Honey lasts a long time if properly stored -- possibly up to 100 years. (although it crystallizes, it can be heated to return it to its original consistency).

Start stockpiling it NOW. In 30 years, when the bees are gone, a jar of real honey will be auctioned at Southeby's for more than the price of a crate of 1947 Chateau Rothschild champagne.

Honey can last thousands of years. It is the only food that doesn't need any preservatives at all and stil last.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 10/12/2017 06:07 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Bees are going extinct. Honey lasts a long time if properly stored -- possibly up to 100 years. (although it crystallizes, it can be heated to return it to its original consistency).

Start stockpiling it NOW. In 30 years, when the bees are gone, a jar of real honey will be auctioned at Southeby's for more than the price of a crate of 1947 Chateau Rothschild champagne.

Rothschild doesn't make Champagne.

:facepalm:
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save   Sage/No Bump
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.