• How many people here have been diagnosed with an actual mental illness?

• Unregistered coward
    • Re: How many people here have been diagnosed with an actual mental illness?
      Posted 05/19/2017 11:56 PM - Hide
    • ;obamachange;
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Unregistered coward
      Posted 05/20/2017 12:07 AM - Hide
    • death2me posted:
      No, but bigotry certainly is!

Was every single founding father and every single President up to Kennedy mentally ill?
    • Unregistered coward
      Posted 05/20/2017 12:33 AM - Hide
    • I AM MOST THE SANE & MOST OBJECTIVE BASTARDS ON HERE... SOME A YOU GUYS ARE FUCKED THE FUCK UP.
      YOU'RE MORE FUCKED UP THAN A STREET NIGGERS CHECKBOOK.
      Posted 05/20/2017 12:44 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Serious question.
      I was diagnosed with a mental illness, specifically, alcoholism. But these days alcoholics are worshipped as "Celebrities" and "Rock Stars" in America, so I don't know if I qualify as insane in America.
    • Unregistered coward
      Posted 05/20/2017 12:47 AM - Hide
    • Certain groups are wracked with all sorts or mental disorders.

• Unregistered coward
      Posted 05/20/2017 12:48 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      d2me, VP 1000 faggot names and "see the jew" guy are fundamentally broken and have all been professionally diagnosed. But they were never helped
      \
      :schlomo:

• Unregistered coward
      Posted 05/20/2017 12:52 AM - Hide
    • Depression with just a touch of mania.

Alcoholism and drug addiction, too. Mostly in my past. Currently trying to slow down on the drinking and I smoke pot to help me sleep.

Panic attacks and extreme anxiety in my teen years. Eating disorder, too.

It's been fun, lol
        [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Unregistered coward
      Posted 05/20/2017 12:53 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      theyre not answering but you can tell who they are when they make posts about the joos, the nwo, alex jones, etc.

;archiethis;
    • Unregistered coward
      Posted 05/20/2017 12:56 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      theyre not answering but you can tell who they are when they make posts about the joos, the nwo, alex jones, etc.

;goldstar;

Ain't that a bitch. I try to put a star on a useless Jew and you all act like the world is ending. :lol:
    • Unregistered coward
      Posted 05/20/2017 01:00 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Schizoid personality disorder (SPD) is a personality disorder characterized by a lack of interest in social relationships, a tendency towards a solitary or sheltered lifestyle, secretiveness, emotional coldness, and apathy. Affected individuals may be unable to form intimate attachments to others and simultaneously demonstrate a rich, elaborate and exclusively internal fantasy world.

People with schizoid personality disorder are often aloof, cold, and indifferent, which causes interpersonal difficulty. Most individuals diagnosed with SPD have trouble establishing personal relationships or expressing their feelings meaningfully. They may remain passive in the face of unfavorable situations. Their communication with other people may be indifferent and terse at times. Because of their lack of meaningful communication with other people, those who are diagnosed with SPD are not able to develop accurate impressions of how well they get along with others.[8]

Schizoid personality types are challenged to achieve self-awareness and the ability to assess the impact of their own actions in social situations. Ronald Laing suggests that when one is not enriched by injections of interpersonal reality, the self-image becomes increasingly empty and volatilized, which leads the individual to feel unreal.[8]:pp. 82-100

When people's personal space is violated, they feel suffocated and feel the need to free themselves and be independent. People who have SPD tend to be happiest when they are in a relationship in which the partner places few emotional or intimate demands on them. It is not people as such that they want to avoid, but emotions both negative and positive, emotional intimacy, and self-disclosure.[9]:p. 207

This means that it is possible for schizoid individuals to form relationships with others based on intellectual, physical, familial, occupational, or recreational activities as long as these modes of relating do not require or force the need for emotional intimacy, which the affected individual will reject. Donald Winnicott explains this need to modulate emotional interaction by saying that schizoid individuals "prefer to make relationships on their own terms and not in terms of the impulses of other people." Failing to attain that, they prefer isolation.[10]:p.73

Although there is the belief that people with SPD are complacent and unaware of their feelings, many recognize their differences from others. Some individuals with SPD who are in treatment say that "life passes them by" or they feel like living in a shell; they see themselves as "missing the bus" and complain of observing life from a distance.[11][12] According to Aaron Beck and Freeman, "Patients with schizoid personality disorders consider themselves to be observers, rather than participants, in the world around them."[13]

It is speculated that schizoid personality disorder may have ties to creativity.[

Critics argue that the definition of SPD is flawed due to cultural bias and that it does not constitute a mental disorder but simply an avoidant attachment style requiring more distant emotional proximity.[5][6] If that is true, then many of the more problematic reactions these individuals show in social situations may be partly accounted for by the judgments commonly imposed on people with this style. However, it is important to note that impairment is mandatory for any behaviour to be diagnosed as a personality disorder. SPD seems to satisfy this criterion because it is linked to negative outcomes. These include a significantly compromised quality of life, smaller GAF scores even after 15 years and one of the lowest levels of "life success" of all PDs (measured as "status, wealth and successful relationships").

Schizoid personality disorder is a poorly studied disorder and there is little clinical data on SPD because it is rarely encountered in clinical settings. The effectiveness of psychotherapeutic and pharmacological treatments for the disorder have yet to be empirically and systematically investigated.

I am more like this as I get older. I think it's due to being disappointed by so many relationships, both friends and romantic. I tend to attract leeches and emotional vampires, so I find the whole friends/relationship deal not worth the bother. Normal people find me weird and 'funny' so they're out as well.

So I guess I found my people right here, like it or not.
    • Unregistered coward
      Posted 05/20/2017 06:07 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:

Critics argue that the definition of Schizoid Personality Disorder is flawed due to cultural bias and that it does not constitute a mental disorder but simply an avoidant attachment style requiring more distant emotional proximity.[5][6] If that is true, then many of the more problematic reactions these individuals show in social situations may be partly accounted for by the judgments commonly imposed on people with this style. However, it is important to note that impairment is mandatory for any behaviour to be diagnosed as a personality disorder. SPD seems to satisfy this criterion because it is linked to negative outcomes. These include a significantly compromised quality of life, smaller GAF scores even after 15 years and one of the lowest levels of "life success" of all PDs (measured as "status, wealth and successful relationships").

I wonder how much higher the levels of "life success" are for sociopaths and narcissists?
    • Unregistered coward
      Posted 05/20/2017 06:09 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Depression with just a touch of mania.

Alcoholism and drug addiction, too. Mostly in my past. Currently trying to slow down on the drinking and I smoke pot to help me sleep.

Panic attacks and extreme anxiety in my teen years. Eating disorder, too.

It's been fun, lol

You sound like a fuck-up.
    • Unregistered coward
      Posted 05/20/2017 06:24 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      You sound like a fuck-up.

I actually kept it together for a long time, thanks for your concern.
    • Unregistered coward
      Posted 05/20/2017 06:33 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:

Critics argue that the definition of Schizoid Personality Disorder is flawed due to cultural bias and that it does not constitute a mental disorder but simply an avoidant attachment style requiring more distant emotional proximity.[5][6] If that is true, then many of the more problematic reactions these individuals show in social situations may be partly accounted for by the judgments commonly imposed on people with this style. However, it is important to note that impairment is mandatory for any behaviour to be diagnosed as a personality disorder. SPD seems to satisfy this criterion because it is linked to negative outcomes. These include a significantly compromised quality of life, smaller GAF scores even after 15 years and one of the lowest levels of "life success" of all PDs (measured as "status, wealth and successful relationships").

I wonder how much higher the levels of "life success" are for sociopaths and narcissists?

Probably a lot. But there are also a lot of ppl with mental illness who have narcissism and sociopathy, too.
    • Unregistered coward
      Posted 05/20/2017 09:04 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      . posted:

;goldstar;

Ain't that a bitch. I try to put a star on a useless Jew and you all act like the world is ending. :lol:

:lmao:
    • Unregistered coward
      Posted 05/20/2017 09:11 AM - Hide
    • found the 587 site we noe u aint quite righrt
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save   Sage/No Bump
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.