• How does liquid spray weed killer know to not kill the grass?

• Russian hacker
      • Posted 04/21/2017 05:14 AM - Hide
      • It's amazing stuff. I sprayed it on some weeds in the lawn, and it killed them but it did not kill the grass.
      •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
      • Russian hacker
      • Re: How does liquid spray weed killer know to not kill the grass?
        Posted 04/21/2017 05:26 AM - Hide
      • Find out about monocots vs. dicots and you'll have the answer.
          [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 04/21/2017 05:45 AM - Hide
      • Nanotech designed by the best quantum mechanics on the planet.
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 04/21/2017 06:18 AM - Hide
      • Roundup resistant grass. Don't worry, you'll see your local honeybees dead on the ground to. Better Living through chemistry.
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 04/21/2017 10:50 PM - Hide
      • . posted:
        Find out about monocots vs. dicots and you'll have the answer.

'splain.
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 04/21/2017 10:55 PM - Hide
      • How does liquid spray weed killer know to not kill the grass? #1
        Posted 04/21/2017 11:29 PM - Hide
      • . posted:
        'splain.

Flowering plants can be divided into two groups: monocotes and dicotes. Grasses are monocotes, other plants are often dicotes. The names are derived from the anatomy of the seed (one or two cotyledons), but the two groups also differ in the anatomy of the mature plants and their physiology.

There are selective herbicides that work on one group but not the other. I can't tell what was in the product you used, but for just one example, something that goes by the common name 2,4 D is a herbicide that kills only dicotes. If you apply it to a lawn, the grass will be unaffected but other plants will die due to the disruption of their growth process.
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 04/21/2017 11:43 PM - Hide
      • Aryan posted:
        It also has something to do with blade width. Kills stuff wider than a blade of grass.

:orly:
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 04/22/2017 12:03 AM - Hide
      • FashyBoi posted:
        Flowering plants can be divided into two groups: monocotes and dicotes. Grasses are monocotes, other plants are often dicotes. The names are derived from the anatomy of the seed (one or two cotyledons), but the two groups also differ in the anatomy of the mature plants and their physiology.

There are selective herbicides that work on one group but not the other. I can't tell what was in the product you used, but for just one example, something that goes by the common name 2,4 D is a herbicide that kills only dicotes. If you apply it to a lawn, the grass will be unaffected but other plants will die due to the disruption of their growth process.

Bullshit. You have no idea what you're talking about.
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 04/22/2017 12:04 AM - Hide
      • Basically you have to aim it at the weeds.
        Posted 04/22/2017 12:13 AM - Hide
      • . posted:
        FashyBoi posted:

Bullshit. You have no idea what you're talking about.

:lol:
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 04/22/2017 12:53 AM - Hide
      • I was told it was the Iron in the liquid. It won't hurt grass, destroys the weed.
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 04/22/2017 01:03 AM - Hide
      • The spray bottle was to spot kill the dandelions, one by one, day by day, and I used it up and had to refill it, I probably used too much on each but it did the job. The sprayer was for a larger patch of crabgrass and some fuzzy stuff that I have no idea what it was, which was mixed in with and crowding out good grass. So, hard to say the coverage. With the sprayer I did a patch about 6 feet by 12 feet which had crabgrass, the fuzzy stuff, and these weird little purple alien flowers. Those are all gone now. There are some bare patches of ground in that area now. I have to cut out some good grass plugs and put them in there.
        With all that I have almost half the big bottle left and still half the spray bottle.
        This is not stuff to spread all over the lawn. Some dry herbicide and spreader is the thing for that.
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 04/22/2017 09:54 AM - Hide
      • Dixie Normus posted:
        HOW DO IT KNOA?
        \
        :ebert2:

thru years of intensive testing and observation of results,sorta like crak cocaine,cant get poor folks to do the regular marching powder but base it and get week minded fools together and they scarf that shit up like purpale drank
      • Russian hacker
        Posted 04/22/2017 02:10 PM - Hide
      • Diversity in action,it dont kill the weeds,it just fucks up the nutrient absorption of the weeds,so just like welfare and other libtarded schemes,the end result is slow painful starvation
      • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
      Save
      Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.