• These are the best rock bands/rock soloists of all time.

• Russian hacker
    • Re: These are the best rock bands/rock soloists of all time.
      Posted 04/20/2017 10:04 PM - Hide
    • Anyone who fails to put RUSH at the top of their list is a COMPLETE BUFFOON!
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 04/20/2017 10:05 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      One of them. Love Bowie, U2, Beatles, Stones

Mang, I love U2 as well. They are touring this summer- Joshua Tree nostalgia tour. I'm going and I like the band. Too bad Bono is a limo lib and a nigger lover.

U2 managed to do something remarkable; distill protest folk music into its pure musical essence without actually protesting anything at all...all the wailing and lamenting without any specific purpose save to make the audience feel like they were being virtuous and politically active of something vaguely moralistic without knowing what exactly it was.
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 04/20/2017 10:08 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      U2 managed to do something remarkable; distill protest folk music into its pure musical essence without actually protesting anything at all...all the wailing and lamenting without any specific purpose save to make the audience feel like they were being virtuous and politically active of something vaguely moralistic without knowing what exactly it was.

As much as I love U2, I agree! Asking us fans to call congress and drop the debt against squandering niggers Africa. Fuck no, Bono. If blind Bono took a surprise visit to his Africa pet projects now, he would see most are in ruins.
      Posted 04/21/2017 12:01 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Rock and Roll died in 73. Hendrix, Greg Allman, Jim Morrison and others just died. And at the same time with the end of the Vietnam war and the collapse of "the movement" after Kent State plus the influx of cocaine and the rise of the lowest classes meant less intellectual content and more crude hedonism; Glitter Glam came in, faggotry a la David Bowie, and then Disco. Musically it was a catastrophe. Those who carried on were shit, poseurs, E Street Band and Van Halen and countless other wannabies in search of "rock stardom", hashing and rehashing the same old blues riffs, and striving harder and harder with the utmost pretention to being "hip" whatever that meant. All garbage. There's still some music that's good in the 80's and 90's but it's not really rock anymore, any more than Abba was rock. Styx, Boston, Sweeny Todd, meh. Sucks.

yeah of course, I immediately left rock and went to first Baroque and then early Baroque, late Renaissance, what is known as Transition music.

After all as Gustav Leonhard famously said (the greatest harpsichordist of our time) "All rock music is structurally Baroque music"

Ah but you make my point for me: Why weren't you listening to big band music? It was technically superior to rock music. Or why didn't you immerse yourself in the blues from which rock borrows heavily? Even Hendrix and Allman and Morrison produced very basic music using simple and repetitive chords.

The point is that people become imprinted with the music of their youth and - this happens all the time - they turn their nose up at music that isn't from their era. They become convinced that 'their' music was superior to anything that came afterwards. It's all a false notion.
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 04/21/2017 12:11 AM - Hide
    • I have never liked Zep, or Floyd, not one bit. The fact Hendrix, Elvis or Rush never made that list, is proof a triggered Lib millenial made and voted for all those bands.
        [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
      Posted 04/21/2017 12:15 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I have never liked Zep, or Floyd, not one bit. The fact Hendrix, Elvis or Rush never made that list, is proof a triggered Lib millenial made and voted for all those bands.

Hendrix is #8 on the list.

One look at the top 5 bands on the list should tell you that OLD people did most of the voting.
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 04/21/2017 12:17 AM - Hide
    • Quence posted:
      Hendrix is #8 on the list.

One look at the top 5 bands on the list should tell you that OLD people did most of the voting.

Still, no Rush, Journey, .... The Eagles?
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 04/21/2017 12:19 AM - Hide
    • who gives a flying fuck what someone else's opinion is?

I like some bands in this order! Other people will see my list and see I'm right!
      \
      :winner:
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 04/21/2017 12:20 AM - Hide
    • Why Rush? Who listens to a band with a singer who sounds like a dying weasel. And the drummer's fucking ego is bigger than Aretha Franklin's ass. Worthless piece of shit band.
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 04/21/2017 12:32 AM - Hide
    • Quence posted:
      Ah but you make my point for me: Why weren't you listening to big band music? It was technically superior to rock music. Or why didn't you immerse yourself in the blues from which rock borrows heavily? Even Hendrix and Allman and Morrison produced very basic music using simple and repetitive chords.

The point is that people become imprinted with the music of their youth and - this happens all the time - they turn their nose up at music that isn't from their era. They become convinced that 'their' music was superior to anything that came afterwards. It's all a false notion.

I listen to a lot of stuff; African music, India sub continent music, yeah big band...but pop music is pretty bad now...so I don't bother with it.
      I knew all about that music of your youth thing. It's true. But I don't listen to that music now. Haven't since the seventies. I cannot abide classic rock stations.
      Posted 04/21/2017 12:37 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I listen to a lot of stuff; African music, India sub continent music, yeah big band...but pop music is pretty bad now...so I don't bother with it.
      I knew all about that music of your youth thing. It's true. But I don't listen to that music now. Haven't since the seventies. I cannot abide classic rock stations.

Okay, I approve of your musical tastes transformation.
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 04/21/2017 12:54 AM - Hide
    • Enuff znuff
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 04/21/2017 07:34 AM - Hide
    • Quence posted:
      . posted:
      One of them. Love Bowie, U2, Beatles, Stones

Do you like any newer music or are you okay with listening to the same songs from the same bands over and over and year after year?

There is no reason to create new music.
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.