• These are the best rock bands/rock soloists of all time.

• Local milk person
    • Re: These are the best rock bands/rock soloists of all time.
      Posted 04/20/2017 08:39 PM - Hide
    • Damn LED Zeppelin #2 that's awesome
        [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Local milk person
      Posted 04/20/2017 09:01 PM : Edited 04/20/2017 09:02 PM - Hide
    • Quence posted:
      . posted:
      Damn LED Zeppelin #2 that's awesome

Is that your favourite band?

They suck. Norah Jones is much more talented.
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Local milk person
      Posted 04/20/2017 09:02 PM - Hide
    • Quence posted:
      . posted:
      One of them. Love Bowie, U2, Beatles, Stones

Do you like any newer music or are you okay with listening to the same songs from the same bands over and over and year after year?

I just listen to Norah Jones.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 04/20/2017 09:06 PM - Hide
    • man that sucks. People are fucking stupid
    • Local milk person
      Posted 04/20/2017 09:08 PM - Hide
    • Quence posted:
      . posted:
      I just listen to Norah Jones.

You are officially my FAVOURITE ALL-TIME POSTER IN THE HISTORY OF THESE BOARDS!

And you have always been mine.

Here's you and me listening to Norah Jones together.

These are the best rock bands/rock soloists of all time. #1
    • Local milk person
    • Local milk person
      Posted 04/20/2017 09:10 PM - Hide
    • Title should be The Most Over-Played Nigra Music Copycats
    • Gpile.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 04/20/2017 09:11 PM - Hide
    • Not even close. And nirvana? He could barely play?
    • Local milk person
      Posted 04/20/2017 09:30 PM : Edited 04/20/2017 09:33 PM - Hide
    • Quence posted:
      Well, it's clear that a lot of older people voted in the poll.

Who are some of your favourite rock bands or rock soloists?

#1 Hmm...top ten. Well I have to say the Rolling Stones just for the longevity but also for reaching a peak in between 1969 and 1972 that no other band ever came close to. That is, Rolling Stones with Mick Taylor. Gimmie Shelter, and the entire Exile On Main St are just awesome. And everybody knew it. The Exile On Main St. Tour set some kind of benchmark for everything a tour should be. Summer of 72 that tour was the hippest thing on earth.

#2 Jimi Hendrix and the Band of Gypses. Again 1971, 72...the live Band of Gypses at Fillmore E. and the following Voodoo Soup pointed the way to an entirely new level of musicianship.

#3. The Allman Brothers Band before Duane died in a motorcycle accident. Once again 1971 Allman Brothers Band Live at the Fillmore E is one of the top albums of all time. You don't love me anymore, Statesborough Blues, Midnight Rider. Awesome stuff.

#4. The Doors. LA Woman.

#5. Fleetwood Mac, of Peter Green vintage. Yes they went down in flames. Rock bands that really take it to the limit tend to do that. But Shrine 69 is one of the greatest albums ever.

#6. Cream. Totally superior musicians of a professional level. Crossroads, Sunshine of Your Love, etc etc etc.

#7. Bo Diddley. I saw him live at a rock and roll revival that turned into a really vicious riot over nothing, but no recording of him exists that can convey the raw power of Bo Diddley and his driving beat.

#8. The Shadows. Real pioneers of a certain sound and in particular the guitar of Hank Marvin, a jew no less and I'm an antisemite but still a great guitarist. Far more than a backup band for Cliff Richards. Truly creators of an original sound.

#9. The Grateful Dead. On one night the worst band in teh world, the next night, the best band in the world. Don't scoff; they created the modern rock concert and pioneered the stacks of super powered amps with monster speakers. Jerry Garcia was awesome both with them and also with early versions of New Riders of the Purple Sage; Happy Trails to You.

#10. So many I could add here; Yes, Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band (saw them twice and they were the real deal, serious rockers but so crazy), Jerry Lee Lewis..Mahavishnu Orchestra (Birds of Fire), Debbie Harry and Blondie...

• Gpile.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 04/20/2017 09:34 PM - Hide
    • Petrucci, satrianni and mustaine
    • Local milk person
      Posted 04/20/2017 09:37 PM - Hide
    • Degarmo. Not on the list? The man shat better music than half the tards listed. Retired to fly jets becsuse it offerred a better family life
      Posted 04/20/2017 09:44 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      #1 Hmm...top ten. Well I have to say the Rolling Stones just for the longevity but also for reaching a peak in between 1969 and 1972 that no other band ever came close to. That is, Rolling Stones with Mick Taylor. Gimmie Shelter, and the entire Exile On Main St are just awesome. And everybody knew it. The Exile On Main St. Tour set some kind of benchmark for everything a tour should be. Summer of 72 that tour was the hippest thing on earth.

#2 Jimi Hendrix and the Band of Gypses. Again 1971, 72...the live Band of Gypses at Fillmore E. and the following Voodoo Soup pointed the way to an entirely new level of musicianship.

#3. The Allman Brothers Band before Duane died in a motorcycle accident. Once again 1971 Allman Brothers Band Live at the Fillmore E is one of the top albums of all time. You don't love me anymore, Statesborough Blues, Midnight Rider. Awesome stuff.

Those are interesting choices and a number of them I never heard of before you mentioned them.

But I have to ask: Why are they from such a long time ago? Did your musical tastes never evolve beyond the music of, I presume, your youth? And most importantly, do you ever get tired of listening to the same songs over and over and over for year after year?
    • Local milk person
      Posted 04/20/2017 09:48 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Degarmo. Not on the list? The man shat better music than half the tards listed. Retired to fly jets becsuse it offerred a better family life

That band certainly went to shit after he left.
    • Local milk person
      Posted 04/20/2017 09:52 PM : Edited 04/20/2017 10:02 PM - Hide
    • Quence posted:
      Those are interesting choices and a number of them I never heard of before you mentioned them.

But I have to ask: Why are they from such a long time ago? Did your musical tastes never evolve beyond the music of, I presume, your youth? And most importantly, do you ever get tired of listening to the same songs over and over and over for year after year?

Rock and Roll died in 73. Hendrix, Greg Allman, Jim Morrison and others just died. And at the same time with the end of the Vietnam war and the collapse of "the movement" after Kent State plus the influx of cocaine and the rise of the lowest classes meant less intellectual content and more crude hedonism; Glitter Glam came in, faggotry a la David Bowie, and then Disco. Musically it was a catastrophe. Those who carried on were shit, poseurs, E Street Band and Van Halen and countless other wannabies in search of "rock stardom", hashing and rehashing the same old blues riffs, and striving harder and harder with the utmost pretention to being "hip" whatever that meant. All garbage. There's still some music that's good in the 80's and 90's but it's not really rock anymore, any more than Abba was rock. Styx, Boston, Sweeny Todd, meh. Sucks.

yeah of course, I immediately left rock and went to first Baroque and then early Baroque, late Renaissance, what is known as Transition music.

After all as Gustav Leonhard famously said (the greatest harpsichordist of our time) "All rock music is structurally Baroque music"

• Local milk person
      Posted 04/20/2017 10:00 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      One of them. Love Bowie, U2, Beatles, Stones

Mang, I love U2 as well. They are touring this summer- Joshua Tree nostalgia tour. I'm going and I like the band. Too bad Bono is a limo lib and a nigger lover.
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.