• Might retire to a tiny home in E TN

• Highly Deplorable
      • Re: Might retire to a tiny home in E TN
        Posted 03/20/2017 05:16 PM - Hide
      • I don't know anyone who's stayed in a tiny home for very long.
      •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
      • Deplorable Ramen Flavor
        Posted 03/20/2017 05:17 PM - Hide
      • DO IT, YOULL LOVE IT!
      • Oh pee
      • I'm Deplorable
        Posted 03/20/2017 06:04 PM - Hide
      • Got a design. An 8'x16' modern box. Maybe $20K. Tiny home builders are everywhere because it's a fad.

Never been to TN but the climate is what I want. 4F warmer in the summer but 12F warmer in the winter than here. I don't think I could stand FL or S AZ summers.

Nearby mountains, a half day's drive to Charleston and palm-lined beaches. A day's drive to NYC or S FL is you start early.

Maybe off-grid. I rains plenty in the east for roof water and I don't bathe much. I don't mind squat poomping in the woods if I have to. My one luxury would be a big screen TV and $40/month for satellite so I can watch Fox News and HGTV.
      • I'm Deplorable
        Posted 03/20/2017 06:25 PM - Hide
      • Oh pee posted:
        Got a design. An 8'x16' modern box. Maybe $20K. Tiny home builders are everywhere because it's a fad.

Never been to TN but the climate is what I want. 4F warmer in the summer but 12F warmer in the winter than here. I don't think I could stand FL or S AZ summers.

Nearby mountains, a half day's drive to Charleston and palm-lined beaches. A day's drive to NYC or S FL is you start early.

Maybe off-grid. I rains plenty in the east for roof water and I don't bathe much. I don't mind squat poomping in the woods if I have to. My one luxury would be a big screen TV and $40/month for satellite so I can watch Fox News and HGTV.

Hope you like 98% humidity 10 months out of twelve, plus fire ants, fire ants, everywhere, OP.
      • Fat Angry Sheboon
      • Transracial Feminiggst
      • +113
      • 5025 posts
      • 235 topics
        Posted 03/20/2017 06:59 PM - Hide
      • You can get a regular sized house in foreclosure for that. The humidity is only bad for a couple months but its minor. If you have the cash then lowball bid on a real house. Wasting 20k on a glorified shed will be a future regret.
      • Gpile
      • I'm Deplorable
        Posted 03/20/2017 07:17 PM - Hide
      • Have extended family there. If you are bagger and like the outdoors its paradise. Oh and everyone is dirt fucking poor so there is that.
      • I'm Deplorable
        Posted 03/20/2017 07:44 PM - Hide
      • Oh pee posted:
        Got a design. An 8'x16' modern box. Maybe $20K. Tiny home builders are everywhere because it's a fad.

Why so stupidly small? Give youself at least 300-400sq ft. Life is a costant headache and compromise if you don't have at least the minimum of space.
      • I'm Deplorable
        Posted 03/20/2017 08:00 PM - Hide
      • I was looking at small, retirement homes on the TVA lakes in TN. Nice country, great on taxes, cheap real estate.

What's not to like?
      • Oh pee
      • I'm Deplorable
        Posted 03/23/2017 09:30 PM : Edited 03/23/2017 10:30 PM - Hide
      • . posted:
        Why so stupidly small? Give youself at least 300-400sq ft. Life is a costant headache and compromise if you don't have at least the minimum of space.

Here's a scale sketch. Built on a fenderless trailer. I'd probably take the wheels off and drop it on cinder blocks.

Might retire to a tiny home in E TN #1

Don't see the need for a loft. Just use the bed as a lounge. Mattress is strut-loaded for clothes storage. Combo shower/toilet. Big TV on a swing arm. 6' sliding glass doors are only $300. Here, I have one panel next to the bed and another panel in the shower. It would be like living outdoors. Deck folds up against the sliding door and faces S, bed faces E. I'd keep one chair on the deck unless I get a visitor.

Might retire to a tiny home in E TN #2

I do have a 400sf design but really don't need that much space. http://imgur.com/a/kO4OD

Might retire to a tiny home in E TN #3

Might retire to a tiny home in E TN #4
      • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
      Save   Sage/No Bump
      Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.