• So most of the people left to suffer and die under Trumpcare will be...

• Russian hacker
    • Re: So most of the people left to suffer and die under Trumpcare will be...
      Posted 03/20/2017 07:24 PM - Hide
    • DrifterBee posted:
      Family. 6500/12700

Last year, one of my coworkers was paying $1600/mo (after tax) for him, wife, 3 kids and a 6500 deductible. The 12.7k deductible was only marginally cheaper.

AZ took the medicaid expansion, good luck getting someone to see you. GA I don't know about.

That's pretty disingenuous, to talk about individual policies, then slip in a huge figure for a deductible without mentioning it's for an entire FAMILY combined.
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 03/20/2017 07:26 PM - Hide
    • DrifterBee posted:
      Family. 6500/12700

Last year, one of my coworkers was paying $1600/mo (after tax) for him, wife, 3 kids and a 6500 deductible. The 12.7k deductible was only marginally cheaper.

AZ took the medicaid expansion, good luck getting someone to see you. GA I don't know about.

Hint: GA didn't. That's why premiums and deductibles are so much higher there.
      Posted 03/20/2017 07:29 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      That's pretty disingenuous, to talk about individual policies, then slip in a huge figure for a deductible without mentioning it's for an entire FAMILY combined.

Sorry, lets use the 7150/14300 one.. So if you have a family, your deductible is still 14300 before it pays a dime.

How is that affordable for ANY family?
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 03/20/2017 07:49 PM - Hide
    • DrifterBee posted:
      Actually AZ had 116% premium increases this year. GA was lower.

Only for subsidy-eligible exchange plans - meaning most people won't pay those increases. There are other insurers like Aetna that didn't go up nearly as much. And it just reflects that insurers lowballed their estimates at first, and adjusted once the market stats came in. They also had to jack up rates to cover the added risk, once Rubio sabotaged the risk corridor provisions.
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 03/20/2017 07:55 PM - Hide
    • DrifterBee posted:
      Sorry, lets use the 7150/14300 one.. So if you have a family, your deductible is still 14300 before it pays a dime.

How is that affordable for ANY family?

That's not how deductibles work. Lots of services, especially preventive health and cancer screening, are free. Others, the insurer will cost-share on some in-network services until your out of pocket meets the deductible, then they cover 100%.

And you're talking about an entire family here. One catastrophic event or illness can cost 6 or 7 figures. Weren't you just complaining people SHOULD have to pay for the small stuff out of pocket, and have reliable insurance for catastrophes?
      Posted 03/20/2017 07:57 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Only for subsidy-eligible exchange plans - meaning most people won't pay those increases. There are other insurers like Aetna that didn't go up nearly as much. And it just reflects that insurers lowballed their estimates at first, and adjusted once the market stats came in. They also had to jack up rates to cover the added risk, once Rubio sabotaged the risk corridor provisions.

Subsidy eligible = Obamacare Plans that may be sold off-marketplace to consumers at full price

MOST PEOPLE WILL PAY THOSE INCREASES

I'm on one.. I can buy the same plan on the exchange for the same price, with no subsidy. Same as I buy directly from BCBS with NO SUBSIDY. In GA, I couldn't find any off-marketplace plans that weren't offered on the marketplace..

It was the same plan either way. And it SUCKS.
      Posted 03/20/2017 08:00 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      That's not how deductibles work. Lots of services, especially preventive health and cancer screening, are free. Others, the insurer will cost-share on some in-network services until your out of pocket meets the deductible, then they cover 100%.

And you're talking about an entire family here. One catastrophic event or illness can cost 6 or 7 figures. Weren't you just complaining people SHOULD have to pay for the small stuff out of pocket, and have reliable insurance for catastrophes?

Umm... I had a colonoscopy.. Those are free right??? They are free if you are 50 and have no symptoms. As soon as it becomes a diagnostic colonoscopy or polypectomy or you are 40 - you're paying for it.

I paid for it OUT OF POCKET..

Preventative health screening have never costed me $4000/yr, my insurance does.. Some deal..
      Posted 03/20/2017 08:19 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      yep, he's off my trusted list, along with all the other conservative half-truthers.
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 03/20/2017 09:03 PM - Hide
    • truth spirit posted:
      . posted:
      yep, he's off my trusted list, along with all the other conservative half-truthers.
      \
      ;yuofag4;

You trusted a KIKE? AYRTS?
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 03/20/2017 09:08 PM - Hide
    • DrifterBee posted:
      Subsidy eligible = Obamacare Plans that may be sold off-marketplace to consumers at full price

I'm on one.. I can buy the same plan on the exchange for the same price, with no subsidy. Same as I buy directly from BCBS with NO SUBSIDY. In GA, I couldn't find any off-marketplace plans that weren't offered on the marketplace..

You were bitching about AZ, not GA. Try to stay on topic.
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 03/20/2017 09:17 PM - Hide
    • DrifterBee posted:
      Umm... I had a colonoscopy.. Those are free right??? They are free if you are 50 and have no symptoms. As soon as it becomes a diagnostic colonoscopy or polypectomy or you are 40 - you're paying for it.

I paid for it OUT OF POCKET..

Preventative health screening have never costed me $4000/yr, my insurance does.. Some deal..

A diagnostic colonoscopy or polypectomy is not preventive screening. It's a procedure done after they've found something seriously wrong up your ass, and it involves a lot more than a typical screening.

If they're doing a free screening and find a serious problem, they might do a diagnostic or polyp removal right on the spot, and that'll cost extra. WTF do you expect? They identified a potentially life threatening health problem for free, and you're whining they don't magically cure it for free too?
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 03/20/2017 09:21 PM - Hide
    • DrifterBee posted:

About 85% of people on subsidy-eligible plans get subsidies. Hence most people won't pay those increases. Quit yer bitching
    • Russian hacker
      Posted 03/20/2017 10:46 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      If I were a Republican, I'd let ObamaCare continue in it's death spiral, until the country recognizes it was fatally flawed from the start, and begs for a replacement...

Too late... Republicans already own it from the moment Trump told the IRS not to enforce the individual mandate
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.