• Lesson reinforced

• Posted 03/20/2017 10:56 AM - Hide
      • Do not put off til tomorrow what can be done today.

Similar phrasing of other declarations conveys the same general advice.

Here is a minor event that reinforces that adage. Hey, fuckers... some of you dregs and sundry losers gripe about content in this dive of a cesspool. Here is some home-made (cesspool-made???) content. Revel in it fuckers.

Old guy at the post called me over a few days ago from his normal seat at the bar. Korea vet. A Black but that never mattered here. He was old school. Just one of the guys. Different from so many of modern-day Blacks/Negroes/whatever.

I approached and he said he was going to buy me a drink. He further stated that I had shared some info with him that had been very useful to him and prevented something bad. I was busy getting the fucking vittles prepared to feed the herd so said I would take him up on his offer in a day or two when I wasn't as busy. He nodded agreement and off I went.

The weekend passed and I expected to see the old guy soon when I saw the impromptu memorial at the bar:

Lesson reinforced #1

Lesson reinforced #2

Lesson reinforced #3

Lesson reinforced #4

I wonder what the fuck it was I told him he considered to be important enough to merit a "reward" which is what the drink was meant to be. Now I will never know. We were acquaintances, not friends. Brief interactions but regular, frequent ones. I would do little things, courtesies, such as when I saw him arriving at the post I would get to the heavy door first and hold it open for him. He was old and getting weaker.

All of us die, fuckers. We know it and it is mentally healthy to not dwell upon it but awareness of limited time upon this planet should result in actions and inactions that make the brief time as positive to all as possible.

Will be at the burial site at the vet's cemetery. Old guy won't know it (that's my guess) but I heard he has a son locally and maybe more kinfolk. Our presence there will likely uplift their spirits.

I wish I had taken the time to hear his words that night 3 days before he died. Live and learn.
      •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
      • Unregistered coward
      • Re: Lesson reinforced
        Posted 03/20/2017 02:45 PM - Hide
      • meaninless words wood rot the mind only the stench is left to remind,grains of sand on the seashore of life
          [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
        Posted 03/20/2017 06:10 PM - Hide
      • . posted:
        meaninless words wood rot the mind only the stench is left to remind,grains of sand on the seashore of life

Reads akin to the dribble/drivel heard long ago at the start of a lame-ass soap opera that attracted the daffy dames, faggotds and assorted perverts.
      • Unregistered coward
        Posted 03/20/2017 06:14 PM - Hide
      • nice story and pics. thanks for posting. we all are slowly dying :sadwave:
        Posted 03/20/2017 06:41 PM - Hide
      • . posted:
        You assholes could at least give him a proper obituary. What the hell is this crap: http://www.gormanscharpf.com/memsol.cgi?user_id=1936120

Thanks for the link Mr. Dot.

The money collected at his bar chair memorial has yet to be decided upon as for use but... if the funeral costs are covered by the family there is consideration of buying newspaper space for the paid-for obituary that includes a pic and text. Will spew at the dive what option was selected as if any of you fuckers give a fuck. He was nothing to you dregs so no expectations of anything. His sudden, unexpected demise and the interaction between us shortly before his death allowed the use of an adage to convey a "morality tale" or something.

Hooray for Trump!!!

This coming Friday at 3 PM there will be a life celebration at the post.

Burial will be with full military honors.

Heaven help any person or group that tries to disrupt the proceedings.
      • Unregistered coward
        Posted 03/20/2017 06:49 PM - Hide
      • Will you be buried at Arlington or will you slum it at the Missouri Veterans Cemetery like this guy?
          [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
        Posted 03/20/2017 07:08 PM : Edited 03/20/2017 07:10 PM - Hide
      • . posted:
        Will you be buried at Arlington or will you slum it at the Missouri Veterans Cemetery like this guy?

Instructions in an attachment to my will are to dispose of my dead and dying trillions of cells in the most economical fashion possible. Depending upon circumstances if my carcass can be used to instruct medical school students then go that route. When they are done carving you up the medical schools typically have a cremation every few months and a scattering of the ashes unless instructions are in place to send the ashes to some dumb fuck who wants them for fertilizer or something. Nobody wants my ashes and bone chunks so a simple service typically attended by some of those who hacked away at your body is held.

If my carcass is not usable by the students then cremation is likely the cheapest way to dispose of my body and who knows who and where the fertilizer will be distributed. Fuck. Dead. Fuck making a big production out of the shit every fucking body experiences!!!

You are fucking DEAD!!! It don't mean nuthin. Saw Mom's "light" leaver her eyes and death take over. Quite an experience. She was drugged up so she had no fucking idea what was happening... as far as medical science knows. Who truly knows what is going on inside that brain as the life processes fade? Hearing supposedly is one of the last senses to shut down so I spoke a few words of solace to hopefully ease the passage to the great unknown.

Pa had the right idea. Cremation and the mortician liked our style so to cut costs to the bone he offered to toss the ashes into the Pacific Ocean at an upcoming planned fishing trip departing the Santa Cruz, CA area. The old man would have loved that so we thanked the chap who was happy to do the deed. The old man was deeply impacted by his treks across the Pacific as a Marine during WW 2. The mortician knew this and said the ashes would be tossed with honor. Fuck yeah.

Hundred year rule. With very few exceptions in 100 years your existence will have been forgotten and nobody will give a flying fuck that you ever existed. Sucks to be pert-near anybody, huh?
        Posted 03/21/2017 07:16 PM - Hide
      • It's really something to think about. Thank you for posting that, Gruntled.

My condolences on the loss of your fellow veteran.
      • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
      Save
      Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.