• Any ProTools/Apple Experts on this site?

• Unregistered coward
      • Posted 03/19/2017 08:03 PM - Hide
      • We are setting up a new recording studio and I REALLY don't want to buy an Apple Garbage Can for $3999 when I can build the same PC for half the price. Hackintosh? :trev: :milton:

Why the Fuck is Apple selling outdated expensive hardware crap to the customers who made the company what it is today for twice the price they should be selling it for? Have they decided to shit can the Mac line and just become a phone company :shrug:

TIA
      •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
      • Unregistered coward
      • Unregistered coward
      • Re: Any ProTools/Apple Experts on this site?
        Posted 03/19/2017 08:28 PM - Hide
      • For what you want to do, yes, iMac.
      • Unregistered coward
        Posted 03/20/2017 07:33 PM - Hide
      • . posted:
        Really?

Why not? What's so special about the four year old trash can? The iMac is up to date
      • Unregistered coward
        Posted 03/20/2017 07:35 PM - Hide
      • hackintoshes work. Depending on how much your time is worth. If you take a day to research you can find hardware that works.

You don't really need to update if you are paranoid. You can go two years then get another system. PCs are dirt cheap.
          [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
      • Unregistered coward
        Posted 03/20/2017 07:37 PM - Hide
      • . posted:
        hackintoshes work. Depending on how much your time is worth. If you take a day to research you can find hardware that works.

You don't really need to update if you are paranoid. You can go two years then get another system. PCs are dirt cheap.

No they don't. Stock with a new iMac but get one with a i7. Something about the floating point makes a big difference with audio
      • Unregistered coward
        Posted 03/20/2017 07:42 PM - Hide
      • . posted:
        . posted:
        hackintoshes work. Depending on how much your time is worth. If you take a day to research you can find hardware that works.

No they don't. Stock with a new iMac but get one with a i7. Something about the floating point makes a big difference with audio

They use the same Intel processors. Where do you find this bullshit.
      • Unregistered coward
        Posted 03/20/2017 08:09 PM - Hide
      • hi OP!
        apple manufactured far too many of the past chips and main boards. so they invented a shiny new box (the garbage can)
        to try and fool people into thinking it was a good machine. it isn't. it is a piece of shit.
        my work around was to get an older mac book pro (2011) and put a SSD in there along with a new battery. it is lightning fast.
        boots in 7 seconds tops.
        the new mac minis are complete shit. old surplus parts, new box.

as far as pro tools goes, i think it sucks because their parent company charges out the ass AND you have to pay a monthly subscription fee.
        fuck them.
        so, i just use the apple stuff. logic is more than pretty good. very cheap purchase with free upgrades too.

not sure what the best audio interface is these days since i don't do any audio recording.

hope this helps.
      • Unregistered coward
        Posted 03/20/2017 08:38 PM - Hide
      • . posted:
        . posted:
        . posted:

:facepalm:
        Posted 03/20/2017 08:42 PM - Hide
      • fuck apple. get the new hdet ryzen cuming in the second half 2017. For $995, you get a cpu with 16 cores/ 32 threads. Rumor is ryzen will be used in the next Macbook pro, so hackintosh will be 169 percent native support.
      • Unregistered coward
        Posted 03/21/2017 01:14 AM - Hide
      • . posted:

Find me a serious studio producer or musician who uses a Hackintosh. I'll wait.
      • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
      Save
      Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.