• There is still a wealth of manufacturing knowhow that exists in the midwest. A shitload of hi IQ folks with a can do mentality..

• Re: There is still a wealth of manufacturing knowhow that exists in the midwest. A shitload of hi IQ folks with a can do mentality..
      Posted 01/08/2017 06:43 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      There is still a wealth of manufacturing knowhow that exists in the midwest. A shitload of hi IQ folks with a can do mentality.. #1

Read this!! A pretentious liberal cunt from the Bay Area wrote this.

Thats that over-represented LBGT coalition. A miniscule minority that has way to much power. I talk to 10 times the Blacks she does and they don't cotton to her lesbian ass.
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Re: There is still a wealth of manufacturing knowhow that exists in the midwest. A shitload of hi IQ folks with a can do mentality..
      Posted 01/08/2017 06:49 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      the elite want 99 percent of the world gone...skilled labor has no place in their new order :moreyouknow:

You need skilled technologists. Not everyone will be an engineer. You need technical people on the ground where the "rubber meets the road". These will be the hardest to replace with robots.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/08/2017 06:49 PM - Hide
    • :lol: some of the most "progressive" cities in america have the shittiest internet due to "progressive" politicians limiting competition through exclusivity deals with the shitty cable/dsl companies.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/08/2017 06:51 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      :lol: some of the most "progressive" cities in america have the shittiest internet due to "progressive" politicians limiting competition through exclusivity deals with the shitty cable/dsl companies.

I'm too stupid to understand that nice comment :cry:
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/08/2017 07:05 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      There is still a wealth of manufacturing knowhow that exists in the midwest. A shitload of hi IQ folks with a can do mentality.. #1

What special knowledge and / or skills does this bull dyke have that would make me want her to live in my "shithole" town?
      Posted 01/08/2017 07:16 PM : Edited 01/08/2017 07:16 PM - Hide
    • curbstomp posted:
      You need skilled technologists. Not everyone will be an engineer. You need technical people on the ground where the "rubber meets the road". These will be the hardest to replace with robots.

If it doesn't require some level of critical thinking, it's probably gonna be automated. I don't see a lot of middle ground. You are either gonna be the: doer or the thinker.

Mid level technologists will either move up or move down. I've seen it in my own industry... Chief Engineer at a TV station use to require a lot more knowledge and skill. Today you're either an IT person or maybe you develop cloud solutions to virtualize the broadcast infrastructure for a swath of stations.

It doesn't really matter if the CE can fix a transmitter, I think those may get replaced with IP delivered feeds as well.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/08/2017 07:21 PM - Hide
    • . posted:

Melinda is 169% correct.

I had to move back to Fundie-Land where I grew up because of GWB's recession and I die a little bit every day.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/08/2017 07:22 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      the elite want 99 percent of the world gone...skilled labor has no place in their new order :moreyouknow:

This.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/08/2017 07:22 PM - Hide
    • . posted:

Check out South Bend Indiana. Fiber check, metronet. Gay mayor, check. Dosent get more progressive than that.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/08/2017 07:23 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      :lol: some of the most "progressive" cities in america have the shittiest internet due to "progressive" politicians limiting competition through exclusivity deals with the shitty cable/dsl companies.

Only Chicago did this.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/08/2017 07:25 PM - Hide
    • . posted:

It's a good thing she will never breed!
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/08/2017 07:25 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:

Melinda is 169% correct.

I had to move back to Fundie-Land where I grew up because of GWB's recession and I die a little bit every day
      \
      :winner: .
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/08/2017 07:26 PM - Hide
    • curbstomp posted:
      . posted:

Thats that over-represented LBGT coalition. A miniscule minority that has way to much power. I talk to 10 times the Blacks she does and they don't cotton to her lesbian ass.

Well that's good because cotton harvesting is an exploitative process.
      \
      :stewart:
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/08/2017 07:28 PM - Hide
    • . posted:

I want to agree with you but those shitty exclusivity deals are common in rural areas too unfortunately. :sad:
      Posted 01/08/2017 07:31 PM - Hide
    • DrifterBee posted:
      curbstomp posted:

If it doesn't require some level of critical thinking, it's probably gonna be automated. I don't see a lot of middle ground. You are either gonna be the: doer or the thinker.

Mid level technologists will either move up or move down. I've seen it in my own industry... Chief Engineer at a TV station use to require a lot more knowledge and skill. Today you're either an IT person or maybe you develop cloud solutions to virtualize the broadcast infrastructure for a swath of stations.

It doesn't really matter if the CE can fix a transmitter, I think those may get replaced with IP delivered feeds as well.

We're talking apples and oranges.
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/08/2017 07:34 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Melinda is 169% correct.

I had to move back to Fundie-Land where I grew up because of GWB's recession and I die a little bit every day.

HOW DARE YOU???!!!
      IT'S THE NIGGER'S RECESSION!!!
      \
      :repub:
    • Fscking Moron
      Posted 01/08/2017 08:27 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Dang, look at that LinkedIn profile. I don't think she's held a single job for even 2 years :lol:

No wonder why she won't move to the midwest- not enough employers in the cities for her to job hop around
      Posted 01/08/2017 08:59 PM - Hide
    • curbstomp posted:
      We're talking apples and oranges.

I see a lot less of this mid-level technologist thing..

Desktop Support
      System Administrator
      Architect / System Integration

Which of those 3 are being cut?

---

The sysadmin use to be where "the rubber meets the road" in most IT environments. Docker, VM, managed service platforms.. Sysadmins move up or a lot of them are going to be doing desktop support. Caring for a mail server is no longer a "job"

Lets look at manufacturing if you think my example is too IT centric.

* Engineer designs a system to automate a welding process

* Someone to care for the robots? Ok, but how sharp does this person need to be? Could he also be the IT guy? If something really goes wrong, he can call the manufacturer to send out a field engineer. Maybe he puts a replacement robot in place and loads the program? The designated robot repair guy? (in TV, this position was the transmitter engineer, it's been contracted out in a lot of cases)

* The Welder (He's gone for everything that can't be done by hand.)

---

So, the mid-level isn't safe. He's not necessarily safer than the person who manually does something that the machine can't. But the troubleshooting/thinking job between the engineer and the end user is being replaced with "middleware" or "smart machines" to either escalate it to the off-site engineer OR its a board swap done by whomever is onsite to swap a board. Maybe the janitor.

This is scary to me because there are a lot of people who fall into the lower two tiers, sometimes myself included, and we aren't going to have jobs for a lot of them.
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
Pro tips: Click the angry emojis for popular emoticons/fomotes. Check the trending fomotes for new fomotes.