• Amazon's own delivery service is AMZL_US, and it's terrible. This explains why..

• Deplorable F*ck-up
    • Posted 04/16/2016 05:53 PM - Hide
    • So yes, there is a problem with the AMZL_US service, which is Amazon's delivery service. The problem is localized to whoever Amazon hired to deliver their packages in your area. Quite literally it is a average person carting Amazon packages in their own car. I have seen one driver pull up in a beat up Honda, filled to the brim with packages, and with his mother manning the GPS. Nothing wrong with it (except security), but some of these people scan items as delivered to meet a delivery quota, mainly because they can't make it in time (before 8-9pm). They will scan it as delivered and either deliver it very very late (> 8pm) or early next morning. Its something Amazon is aware of, let them know you are having a problem if its happening more often than usual.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amazon/comments/3ghubh/amazon_delivery_issues/

Seems like Amazon is now using some Uber / 1099 contracting business model to deliver packages?
    •   [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Highly Deplorable
    • Re: Amazon's own delivery service is AMZL_US, and it's terrible. This explains why..
      Posted 04/16/2016 06:01 PM - Hide
    • Other than its website and its cloud services, Amazon produces crap.

Their Fire tablets were complete garbage. Their Fire Stick is retarded. The Kindle is pointless.
        [ Quote ] | [ Quote All ]
    • Deplorable Ramen Flavor
    • Re: Amazon's own delivery service is AMZL_US, and it's terrible. This explains why..
      Posted 04/16/2016 06:06 PM : Edited 04/16/2016 06:07 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Other than its website and its cloud services, Amazon produces crap.

Their Fire tablets were complete garbage. Their Fire Stick is retarded. The Kindle is pointless.

Some of their generic "AmazonBasics" computer peripherals are ok.

I'm currently using an AmazonBasics USB mouse, and it's been working just fine.

Amazon's own delivery service is AMZL_US, and it's terrible. This explains why.. #1

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-3-Button-Wired-Mouse-Black/dp/B005EJH6RW

They probably don't actually make them. Amazon is probably buying generic products from a contract manufacturer in Asia, and slapping the AmazonBasics logo on them.
    • I'm Deplorable
      Posted 04/16/2016 06:32 PM - Hide
    • USPS, FedEx, and UPS drivers do the same shit.
    • Transgender Bathroom Bill
    • Stupidity Patrol
    • +45
    • 1741 posts
    • 108 topics
      Posted 04/16/2016 06:40 PM - Hide
    • They're kind of obsessive in speeding up deliveries. They basically want to emulate that Bugs Bunny thing where he mails the letter and starts tapping his foot right next to the mail box and the delivery truck roars up a couple seconds later. Low cost, high efficiency delivery systems always tend to be a little crude at the point of delivery - that's one of the factors contributing to the demise of newspapers. That's what drives batshit looney ideas at Amazon like drone delivery. I call it batshit looney but I bet they figure out a way to use it at some level of efficiency for some kind of delivery.

I'm pretty sure they expect there to be issues with deliveries in this gig model (seems like it would be a pretty cool job if you could make a decent living doing it, which I doubt). But they're good for it. If it screws up, they'll fix it and, unlike a lot of other companies, they'll take a lesson from it with an eye on not repeating the mistakes.
    • I'm Deplorable
      Posted 04/16/2016 06:50 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      USPS, FedEx, and UPS drivers do the same shit.

I've had far more problems with AMZL_US
    • I'm Deplorable
      Posted 04/16/2016 06:58 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      . posted:
      USPS, FedEx, and UPS drivers do the same shit.

I've had far more problems with AMZL_US

I have the same kind of problems with Amazon orders regardless of who the shipper is. Amazon went from a 7-month-long boycott to a probationary period (which they promptly fucked up) and back to permanent boycott status within the past few weeks. Fuck them.
    • I'm Deplorable
      Posted 04/17/2016 02:41 AM - Hide
    • https://flex.amazon.com/

Deliver Smiles

Make $18-$25/hr delivering packages for Amazon with your car (or bike in some areas) and smartphone. Be your own boss: make great money, delivering when you want.
    • I'm Deplorable
      Posted 04/17/2016 03:19 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      I have the same kind of problems with Amazon orders regardless of who the shipper is. Amazon went from a 7-month-long boycott to a probationary period (which they promptly fucked up) and back to permanent boycott status within the past few weeks. Fuck them.

Yeah they're really hurting from all that business you cost them.
    • Quence
    • 10,000 reasons to smile

• 22993 posts
    • 4509 topics
      Posted 04/17/2016 03:56 AM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Firestick sucks ass.

But the Gary Busey commercials were funny!

• JudithS
    • I'm Deplorable
      Posted 05/12/2016 04:22 PM - Hide
    • Yes, even if you are not a Prime member I have found their delivery service terrible. That coupled with the fact that you now have to order $49 worth of stuff to get free shipping makes me consider other options.
    • Mogley
    • I'm Deplorable
      Posted 08/19/2016 07:36 AM - Hide
    • The Amazon shipping service is horrible (AMZL_US). I had a very important package scheduled to be delivered yesterday. It never showed up (it was promised by 8:00 p.m. latest) so I went on Amazon to check the status of it and it said delivery attempted... and that they brought it back to the original carrier facility (which is far away). What's up with that? Usually they always just leave it at my doorstep or in the mailbox, but I'm not sure if that was ever this new AMZL service or just UPS. Either way I'm not very happy with paying for prime, expecting it to be delivered in 2 days as promised, and then it to say delivery attempt and then bring it back all the way to Phoenix. Also I should note that there was no letter left at my doorstep saying that they attempted delivery, not even an email from Amazon. I'm the one who had to contact them. Enough of my ramble... I'm curious, has this happened to anyone else??
    • I'm Deplorable
      Posted 08/19/2016 07:53 AM - Hide
    • Two day delivery? Who said 3 day delivery? Just becuse you paid for 5 day delivery?
      \
      :schlomo:
    • I'm Deplorable
      Posted 08/19/2016 08:28 AM - Hide
    • I've seen the beater cars with normal people who walk slow. I assumed they were using a courier service, but this last time they had a branded white van. No problems.
    • Art Vandeley
    • I'm Deplorable
      Posted 08/29/2016 11:38 AM - Hide
    • AMZL is the worst idea ever. Amazon will lose customers over this. AMZL_US = "Amateur in a Van". If these people do not want to get out in the rain to deliver your items, they won't. AMZL_US makes the USPS look like the most efficient company in the history of business. I will start looking for items locally before jumping on Amazon for a 2-Day delivery turning into 5 days.
    • I'm Deplorable
      Posted 08/29/2016 11:56 AM - Hide
    • The underlying problem is that people suck.
    • Joe C
    • I'm Deplorable
      Posted 11/12/2016 09:43 AM - Hide
    • They have immensely improved their same day delivery service in my area (near Philly). They were using LaserShip, who were atrocious. Missed delivery dates, delivery to wrong house, or just didn't deliver it were some issues. Amazon's remedies were extremely generous but sometimes not helpful when you needed the product immediately. Have noticed the last 7 same day deliveries have been to the front door, the driver rang the doorbell and waited for a response, scanned barcode and handed-off the box(es). I checked and it's been AMZL-US. Alls I can say is good job!
    • I'm Deplorable
      Posted 12/22/2016 03:11 PM - Hide
    • Amazon's been great in the greater southern California areas and continues to be. Only had one failed deliver attempt, but it's a mistake commonly made around here as some house numbers have the the same exact address on them
    • I'm Deplorable
      Posted 12/22/2016 03:41 PM - Hide
    • Funny. I had a package delivered late last night and there was no UPS truck in the hood.
    • DrifterBee
    • Detritus

• 20639 posts
    • 914 topics
      Posted 12/22/2016 04:35 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      So yes, there is a problem with the AMZL_US service, which is Amazon's delivery service. The problem is localized to whoever Amazon hired to deliver their packages in your area. Quite literally it is a average person carting Amazon packages in their own car. I have seen one driver pull up in a beat up Honda, filled to the brim with packages, and with his mother manning the GPS. Nothing wrong with it (except security), but some of these people scan items as delivered to meet a delivery quota, mainly because they can't make it in time (before 8-9pm). They will scan it as delivered and either deliver it very very late (> 8pm) or early next morning. Its something Amazon is aware of, let them know you are having a problem if its happening more often than usual.

https://www.reddit.com/r/amazon/comments/3ghubh/amazon_delivery_issues/

Seems like Amazon is now using some Uber / 1099 contracting business model to deliver packages?

I had this happen with their Lasership. Ordered something for next day.. They said they delivered it at 6:00 and I find it hard to believe cause Im at the door... Not there.. 2-3 months later, my apt office sends me a note "a package just arrived for you"

AmazonShip is probably gonna be similar.
    • I'm Deplorable
      Posted 12/22/2016 05:25 PM - Hide
    • You pay peanuts, you get monkeys. There have also been horror stories of amazon delivery drivers shitting in bags on the side of the road because they are worked to the bone.
    • I'm Deplorable
      Posted 12/22/2016 07:19 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      Firestick sucks ass.

Even for Kodi?
    • I'm Deplorable
      Posted 12/22/2016 07:24 PM - Hide
    • . posted:
      You pay peanuts, you get monkeys. There have also been horror stories of amazon delivery drivers shitting in bags on the side of the road because they are worked to the bone.

Great. More jobs for H1B Indians.

Pleased to be shitting in bags on the side of the road
      \
      :apu::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo::poo:
  • Join the discussion - There is no registration required!

Name: (Optional)
Save
Photo: (Optional)

If you want to embed media, just paste YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Liveleak, Imgur (IMAGE or GIFV) links and they'll auto embed.
  • Breaking News:
  • View Topic - If cash delivery service left bundle of cash on sidewalk would you pick up
  • View Topic - Amazon starting restaurant delivery service in major US markets